JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
are there any reported problems that are being found with the update ?
I only use openElec is it worth doing?

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
I waited a day or two as well,, after past problems. Just updated and Rom version 1 30/10/2015 has installed but it now says a new update to version 2 is available so tried to update but when I Hut download it just comes up error... Any ideas.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
These updates keep your boxes running to the best they can also giving us the most up to date versions of kodi. Also fixing the little things....
Yes it's a pain when they go wrong, and if you like to do custom builds in kodi it takes time to set up again.

But we all like the latest thing......

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I waited a day or two as well,, after past problems. Just updated and Rom version 1 30/10/2015 has installed but it now says a new update to version 2 is available so tried to update but when I Hut download it just comes up error... Any ideas.
Hi

If there is a error probably box is already up to date.

If you are not sure please take a error screenshot and also take pictureof the MAC address at the back of your device and send that to [email protected]

Regards

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Think your right
Joke on a side it brings new functionalities but it needs to be done properly.

Looking from the hardware perspective so many people don't think about upside/downside of these boxes,

They are not phone so when you flash the firmware or doing update,if you run out of electricity that can be the problem.

You are usually warned on a phone to have battery fully charged,and there are no batteries inside the boxes.

So please keep that in mind.

Aside from that tons of advantages and fun use are there waiting for you with the box!

Regards

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
Hi in relation to above it now says that the Rom does not support my device which is weird as it says "error fetching update info this Rom (DBX_T8S_OTA) does not support your device (dbxt8s)!" which is weird as it gets the model of my box right.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Don't worry about the message, standard response if you're already on the latest version. When there is a new update on the server, that error message will stop and the newest should download. Can you confirm the version number showing as installed in the OTA app please?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Brilliant, you're running the latest firmware then.
Version 2 was a test dummy file on the server, we were checking devices that had been flashed with this update would see the next one (once made).

JF Dall

Nov 5, 2015
So, the fact that you are being offered an upgrade that you can't get is a clear sign that you're running the latest firmware! We seem to be dealing with Fred Karno's army here.

Have you checked your OTA Servier Argent? That's the cause of most problems! :p

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
Can we confirm if the new update had a new launcher in it as all I can see is the droidbox logo

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If it helps, here is a screenshot of the current launcher. Ignore the favourite apps on the right hand side, they include some apps I've installed. Also the nav bar at the bottom has been turned on by me.

20151105_172611_0.png

Droid4653

Jul 25, 2015
Thanks that's what I've got but I now get the notification that an update is available every time I boot the box.. When apparently version 2 is only a test file and it says not for my box. I have sent a screen shot in to Chris and yes I know I can turn off notifications but that is obviously not the way it should be working. And I don't want to have it flashing up an update is available every day until the next update. In the past its always said "you are up to date" not error fetching update this Rom does not support your device... It just ain't right is it

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've alerted the firmware developers, hopefully they'll get this sorted soon. I'm Chris by the way...
To prevent the notification from appearing for now, please follow these steps:
Settings (one or two cogs)>Other tab>More Settings button>Apps>Scroll all the way to the right>Scroll down to and click on OTA Updater>Clear Data>OK button
Don't open the OTA updater app for now, wait until the next release for your model. For now it will report an error if you do open it, about mismatch, safe to ignore this, same for all people.

Reactions: David Savage