robit

Jun 6, 2015
As of today, the box not connect either way. Rebooted several times, the clock on box shows wrong time an on screen just says synchronizing date and locating by network for the weather.

Any ideas before I do a reset with the pin? Was all working perfectly last night watching the Arsenal game.

Regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you check your internet on another device just in case your broadband is down? Happens on virgin at least once a month.

Reactions: 8bitDev

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Everything working as usual, the Ethernet light is on the router for the box, it just keeps saying Ethernet connecting all the time.
Have to assume it's a box fault.

Regards,

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Solved. Rebooted the router about 4 times and I'm back on-line. It will teach me to look further than the box. :oops: Though I did check if the Sky box had connection via Ethernet.
Many thanks for your thoughts, Nigel.

Best Regards,

Reactions: Nigelar and 8bitDev

Domski69

Dec 22, 2015
Interesting this, I have the same box, just arrived and it basically won't work at all with Sky broadband. Is there anything I need to do in the settings? Cant really get any feeds and downloading anything seems almost impossible. Did a speed test and its too slow to do one!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
1. Connect by ethernet. Just to prove connectivity. Then experiment with wifi after doing 2. If you can use the 5ghz channel for wifi to reduce interference.
2. Make sure you disable parental controls.

Ackowildcat

Dec 14, 2015
In openelec im getting a box saying remote share with no internet connection when i try to install repo in openelec, what are the settings i need for wifi in Network categorize ive samba enabled but what do i put in the SSID & Passphase bit i thought it was my sky network id number & passphase was my password from sky what am i doing wrong or is it my droidbox it works great in Android mode any help in laymens terms plz.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
In openelec im getting a box saying remote share with no internet connection when i try to install repo in openelec, what are the settings i need for wifi in Network categorize ive samba enabled but what do i put in the SSID & Passphase bit i thought it was my sky network id number & passphase was my password from sky what am i doing wrong or is it my droidbox it works great in Android mode any help in laymens terms plz.
Hi

There are specific broadbands that require username/password for the ethernet connection,but number of those networks are small because they usually do not support wifi and they are doing this system because they have only one big network root that provides access just by wire to the customers.Basically not something that you will see in the UK.

What you need to do is either use ethernet or WIFI connection.Doing so is easy,you just need to go beow system>openELEC>networks!

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you compare what happens to
and see where it is different.
If you end up needing to reset openELEC, see