sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hmm what am i doing wrong i have spent most of the day on this,I cant install any.apk on my v2, from usb drive or from my ssd, if i go back to my v1 t8 s plus all is fine. i have done a full reset still no joy. i keep getting "can not install corrupt apk " but again it works fine on my v1. apk install fine from the app store its just from my usb and ssd drive i get the problem is there some setting in android v6?

Edward Eckenrode

Jan 6, 2017
You do have, allow installation of unknown sources checked in your settings right? ( As I'm sure this is what Sean is speaking of). Also there is a difference of operating systems from v1 (5.1) to v2 (6.0)

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Not an expert here but its probably down to permissions in your settings.

yeah probably is, ill get there in the end. not that bothered about android, libreELEC is my thing, just a bit of a pain to set this v2 up the way i got my v1.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Was thinking a bit deeper into the settings as thats a gimme, good luck mate

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
another odd thing i can install the .apk from the play store, its just like all my .apk i have will not load on the v2 but its fine on the v1.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
This is a long and painful read but it seems to match your problem with marshmallow. I note several people decrying that they cant easily transfer apks and are forced to redownload the apks.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-6-0-marshmallow/643863-android-6-0-marshmallow-issues.html

damn that's a shame. i been at this box for about 9 hours now grrrrr, at least libreelec is fast on the v2.

Thanks Nigelar, ill have a good read of that page, yup it looks like that's the problem

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Am not sure if this is a problem with the "t8splus_fix_hdd_usb.zip" that was made for the v1 that i used on my v2, if anyone here can upload there platform.xml from a v2 box please so i can test it out.

and has any of you that has the v2 did you use the "t8splus_fix_hdd_usb.zip" ? and can you still install .apk from usb or from a HDD and if i install .apk from dropbox it fails too.

Last edited: