skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
Perhaps someone can agree, TS8-Plus was a marvelous box, bought 3 monts ago, with FW 1.06 and Open Elec.
Since i started updating the FW there are some issues.
- WIFI and cable connection are instable in Android part (Libre Elec no problem)
- Libre Elec is much slower with same addon package as in Open Elec

So now i 'm looking for a solution to get back to scene 1 (when all was good)

Anyone any ideas

skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
Yes sir i did ,however i did it .But my mistake without a factory reset.I don 't know if is this causes the problem of the networking.It is strange that connection in Libre Elec is not a problem and in Android it is.
But then in Android performance is well,and in Libre Elec is poor.Just wondering if i can do a downgrade to 1.06 and try if this works better, and then rebuild to 1.07 with correct updating.But i can't find the downgrade file to do so.

skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks very much ,appreciate this very much.
Installing via toothpick,select file on sd card in recovery menu, correct ?

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Thanks very much ,appreciate this very much.
Installing via toothpick,select file on sd card in recovery menu, correct ?

yes do it on a sdcard in recovery mode job done, then if i was you do a full reset in recovery mode and then update to v107 and full reset again, see how you get on.

skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
So to be correct,just copy zip file to root sd card,reboot with toothpick,and in recovery mode,select zip file in EXT modus

Reactions: sblabs

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
my LE still doesnt work at all ..... would love to get it back to the way it was when i bought it less than8 weeks ago

skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
Tried as stated above ,after selecting factory reset,and selected file, it does not overwrite 1.07 ,bootlogo and package are from 1.07 and not 1.06

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
sorted - sort of - still not got Librelec but its a start - am contemplating trying to do the OTA upgrade to LE but have concerns over the same thing happening again so will delay that for a while see how this backdate update works out.

Last edited:

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
After a few weeks trouble free with android and openelec - i decided to try the OTA update again and guess what it failed yet again taking the box back to being unable to use Librelelec and a blank screen = so i guess am lumbered with openelec stuck forever on kodi 15.2.....

skynet2001

Jun 30, 2016
Hello sir ,the same goes for me, if i stay on using open elec the system performs fine.
On the moment i run the update ,performance is bad
Anyone a solution

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
I wouldnt mind if it would load OTA but it doesnt - - bad performance can normally be resolved - but surely to god if the back to factory file DB sent me loads and works with OE / 15.2 Kodi - - I do not understand why LE 16.2 Kodi wont...

TBH ive had it with this box, i think it would be better with OE / kodi 16.1 - so why not offer the option for OE as well as LE (after all its still open source) for people to make the choice of what they want and knows works for them - in my opinion LE is a disaster on this box

Last edited:
Reactions: sean99

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
and i have to say i bought this box for its Openelec offering not Librelec - had I known at the time of purchase that they were pulling the plug on OE I am fairly sure I wouldnt have bought it

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
so basically i have a box that will eventually die with the OE offering stuck at Kodi 15.2...and become defunct of that functionality and be a plain and simple android box. To be honest am not prepared to spend another £20 in P&P costs to get it them and return it to me (i am not in UK)