Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
Hi bit gutted you released t8s just a few weeks after I bought t8 but I have a few questions

is it possible to get the same home screen with weather etc on t8?

and second is if a hdd is installed is that just an extra drive or can apps be installed on it e.g. showbox and then download content to hdd instead of flash.

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not yet booted up my T8s to see the launcher, but I'll check. I know that our standard T8 started to come with a new launcher about a month or so ago, could it be that one?

The installed hard drive will be the same as a memory card or USB thumbdrive, for storing media/downloads on, but without serious tweaking and presumably repartitioning, you'd not be able to move apps to it.

Pbcb2015

May 18, 2015
Hi,

So what are the main differences on the T8 & T8s ? I can see the SATA drive and dual boot to OpenLec but that doesn't mean much to me. Has my 3 day old T8 been superseeded already because if so then be very pee'd off as had to send it back as didn't work within the 1st day and if I'd known I would of asked for them to send me a T8s.

The thing that looks cool on the website is DroidBox Share. Im assuming that the T8 cant do those things ?

Ruzz2k

May 2, 2015
I saw hushams video on YouTube and the home screen has weather on the left and favourites on the right and then regular apps etc in the middle. Let us know once you have had a play. Also has kill apps button to clear the memory.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I like this box, droidbox have done a good job here. I to have the T8 and that's a good box, I clear cache in setting, more setting and then storage every now and then to keep this running smooth. I like the way the T8s has the kill apps button too. Nice touch droidbox.....

Anyone what to buy a T8 only 3 months old....:D

Reactions: Sal

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Just checked the vid out to, and like the home page. Only thing why 2 builds of Kodi, is one better then the other.
Might upgrade myself...

Pbcb2015

May 18, 2015
So silentlyscreaming, is Droidbox share not available on the T8 ?

I'm worried my 3 day old box is superseeded already

Thanks

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
The home screen on the T8s is much prettier than on my T8. Update please :(

Kolawole o

Dec 10, 2014
As for me, I dont care about the opeelec stuff, but the new home screen is a killer which every T8 must have. Please dont tell me its not possible to update my T8 home screen to these new look.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure on this, even if testing is finished droidbox can still flash your box for a small fee. So you can still upgrade, ask SS when he's next on.
Think I'm going to because it looks smart, still can't see why you need 2 kodis on there like Sal said.
One being Android and the other Linux...

Reactions: Sal

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi my T8 box is only 3 months old,I would also be interested to know if they can flash my box and for how much,thx.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
DroidBOX Share will only be for T8-S.

If you have a DroidBOX T8 with the earlier firmware, it can be upgraded to the more recent version, I've checked with the office.
DEFINITELY e-mail them first, with details of your original order (see http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ for what to include).
You'll need to cover the cost of postage back, from us to you (TBC but I think £3), but the procedure itself will be done for free on genuine DroidBOX devices.
If timing is critical to you, I'd check via e-mail or phone about how long it will take - obviously the busier the office is, the longer it will take to get back to you (just trying to plan ahead in terms of weekends/big events etc).

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
DroidBOX Share will only be for T8-S.

If you have a DroidBOX T8 with the earlier firmware, it can be upgraded to the more recent version, I've checked with the office.
DEFINITELY e-mail them first, with details of your original order (see http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ for what to include).
You'll need to cover the cost of postage back, from us to you (TBC but I think £3), but the procedure itself will be done for free on genuine DroidBOX devices.
If timing is critical to you, I'd check via e-mail or phone about how long it will take - obviously the busier the office is, the longer it will take to get back to you (just trying to plan ahead in terms of weekends/big events etc).
Thx for getting back,glad I bought from droidbox service and forum are second to none,the office should receive my box today,just had to pay postage can't grumble with that for service:)