1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T95z ethernet connection problem

Discussion in 'T95Z' started by Matthew Witter, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Matthew Witter

Matthew Witter New Member

I bought the droidbox 3gb t95z plus on thursday and the ethernet port will only work for about 15 minutes then it stops working but on the settings it says it's still connected and the only way to fix it is to unplug the cable and plug it back in again,i had another one from a different brand that worked for about a month and did the same thing,is there a fix for this or is this what happens with all t95z boxes?

2. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator

I'd definitely also contact DroidBOX directly if you haven't already done so, support@DroidBOX.co.uk and include any order reference numbers to speed things up. They should be back in the office on Monday, it might be worth testing your device on a friend's wired network - in case the tech support guys ask you to do this, you'd have the results to hand in advance then.

3. Matthew Witter

Thanks i will do.

4. Matthew Witter

I managed to sort it out by changing a few things in the router settings.

5. S Cristian

S Cristian Cris Staff Member

Matthew,

We are so happy to hear that! Brilliant!
    Apologies for the slight delay with our reply, if you could post the steps you've taken for our fellow customers that would be great.

6. macca2509

macca2509 New Member

I have the same problem, no connection by ethernet. Any solutions before I contact Droidbox.

Mark

7. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Could you please try if possible: a different Ethernet cable, a different port on the router and if it is possible to try it on another router i.e. a friend or neighbours. If you are still having issues, please email support@droidbox.co.uk with your order number and some info on the issue.

8. macca2509

macca2509 New Member

Tried a different cable and port with no luck but then went into the network settings on the T95z and clicked on DHCP, just trying anything at this time. This actually solved it, ethernet connected instantly so now is all running ok.

Mark

9. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update, we are glad to hear it is working now.

10. KamSingh24

KamSingh24 New Member

Which settings did you change?

11. Matthew Witter

had this in my home months ago and the solution for me atleast anyway was to allocate static IP addresses for each box so lounge would be 192 bla bla ending 251 say then bedroom would end 252 and so on... Touch wood never had problem since. This was easy enough to do on my BT home hub just log into advanced settings and on home network list, each device connected is shown then is just a tick box to always use this IP (which can also be manually changed) then apply. That was a post from thereaper123 and that's how i fixed the issue,i also unticked ipv6 firewall and lan settings.

I just followed this and got it working

12. Matthew Witter

I just did this but on sky broadband