Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
I bought the droidbox 3gb t95z plus on thursday and the ethernet port will only work for about 15 minutes then it stops working but on the settings it says it's still connected and the only way to fix it is to unplug the cable and plug it back in again,i had another one from a different brand that worked for about a month and did the same thing,is there a fix for this or is this what happens with all t95z boxes?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd definitely also contact DroidBOX directly if you haven't already done so, [email protected] and include any order reference numbers to speed things up. They should be back in the office on Monday, it might be worth testing your device on a friend's wired network - in case the tech support guys ask you to do this, you'd have the results to hand in advance then.

S Cristian

Cris
Staff member
Dec 20, 2016
London
droix.co.uk
Matthew,

We are so happy to hear that! Brilliant!
Apologies for the slight delay with our reply, if you could post the steps you've taken for our fellow customers that would be great.

macca2509

Mar 15, 2015
I have the same problem, no connection by ethernet. Any solutions before I contact Droidbox.

Mark

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Could you please try if possible: a different Ethernet cable, a different port on the router and if it is possible to try it on another router i.e. a friend or neighbours. If you are still having issues, please email [email protected] with your order number and some info on the issue.

macca2509

Mar 15, 2015
Tried a different cable and port with no luck but then went into the network settings on the T95z and clicked on DHCP, just trying anything at this time. This actually solved it, ethernet connected instantly so now is all running ok.

Mark

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
Which settings did you change?
had this in my home months ago and the solution for me atleast anyway was to allocate static IP addresses for each box so lounge would be 192 bla bla ending 251 say then bedroom would end 252 and so on... Touch wood never had problem since. This was easy enough to do on my BT home hub just log into advanced settings and on home network list, each device connected is shown then is just a tick box to always use this IP (which can also be manually changed) then apply. That was a post from thereaper123 and that's how i fixed the issue,i also unticked ipv6 firewall and lan settings.

I just followed this and got it working