Geoff Bartlett

Oct 8, 2020
Hi all,
Another newbie to these Android boxes. I purchased the box around a year ago to watch some IPTV on. The box has probably been used no more, on average, than a couple of hours a week.
I had to change some settings for the IPTV service today - the box booted as usual but I had a pop up screen mentioning an error with Google Play Store - and I have recently changed that password so guessed that was the issue. My options on the pop-up (I think) were to close it or report it - I had a USB keyboard with integrated mouse plugged in so I chose close, but the pop-up appeared to close and immediately come back again. I continued to press close for around 20 times until the screen froze and the mouse would no longer respond. The remote control would not respond either so my only option was to pull the power.
Now it only boots to the black screen with gold "T95Z Plus"
I have removed HDMI, LAN and USB keyboard and tried to reboot - still the same.
I have tried the toothpick reset method - still the same.

Is that it all my options ? do I have to buy another box ?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Regards

Netrix

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi all,
Another newbie to these Android boxes. I purchased the box around a year ago to watch some IPTV on. The box has probably been used no more, on average, than a couple of hours a week.
I had to change some settings for the IPTV service today - the box booted as usual but I had a pop up screen mentioning an error with Google Play Store - and I have recently changed that password so guessed that was the issue. My options on the pop-up (I think) were to close it or report it - I had a USB keyboard with integrated mouse plugged in so I chose close, but the pop-up appeared to close and immediately come back again. I continued to press close for around 20 times until the screen froze and the mouse would no longer respond. The remote control would not respond either so my only option was to pull the power.
Now it only boots to the black screen with gold "T95Z Plus"
I have removed HDMI, LAN and USB keyboard and tried to reboot - still the same.
I have tried the toothpick reset method - still the same.

Is that it all my options ? do I have to buy another box ?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Regards

Netrix
Hi, I would recommend trying a firmware reflashing on the device as if that fixes the issue for you. If this doesn't. I would recommend upgrading to a new device running higher Android version from droix. You can checkout range of Android TV Boxes from the link here - https://droix.net/collections/android-powered-tv-box-1