1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

terrible start

Discussion in 'T8-S Plus v1' started by liamster09, Dec 28, 2016.

1. liamster09

liamster09 New Member

Hi there,just connected the box and did the usual connections then proceded to Kodi app in Android,loaded tvaddons repo and tried the addons like Phoenix etc. but nothing working.Loaded a build through Ares wizard which took ages but did load in however no streams,I have BT infinity and I also have used kodi in my previous android box which worked quiet well but wanted to upgrade to this model.I would be grateful if somone could point me in the right direction,getting annoyed.

2. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

Hi, on your router check security and parent controls are off. Plus if you are wireless check your speed, or just try a wired connection.
    Also try wookie wizard and community builds there's loads to choose from.
    Sean's build is a good one check it out.

Good luck

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    8bitDev and sblabs like this.
  3. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

4. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

Here's a good site for other biulds...
    TV CordCutterz | TV CordCutterz - All About Kodi & XBMC
    https://tvcordcutterz.com/

Worth a visit..

5. liamster09

liamster09 New Member

Thanks for the reply,will try today.

David Savage likes this.
  6. liamster09

liamster09 New Member

Thank you for your help,parental controls are now off and Wookie Wizard has been installed and addons are working,thanks again.

David Savage and Nigelar like this.
  7. Eddyad

Eddyad Member

BT is infamous for allowing one device connection to the internet, but then preventing another new device, on the same network, from connecting. Always ensure that "smart" setup and parental controls are disabled. I put smart in inverted commas because it isn't very smart.

sblabs and David Savage like this.
  8. Hightone10

Hightone10 Member

sblabs and David Savage like this.
  9. liamster09

liamster09 New Member

Cheers, when you say clear cache and data in apps do you mean install wookie after Fresh start?

10. sean99

sean99 Well-Known Member

Android settings/apps/ kodi or dbmc/ clear data. No need to fresh start when done this way.

11. Hightone10

Hightone10 Member

Yes when you clear data and cache wookie will be wiped of box make sure both say 000 etc where it says file size etc if this does not work clear cache and data again go to droidbox store and install DMBC then install wookie.

Attached Files:

12. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

If you go with Wookie and DBMC, stick to the community packs (Sean's get a big thumbs from me personally).
    Last I checked, Wookie's main packs (Retro, New, Light) were broken in DBMC.

13. Hightone10

Hightone10 Member

Been on retro last year or so problem free on dbmc to

14. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

@Hightone10 Can you confirm that Wookie's Retro pack installed and runs fine, with a recent installation? There was a time when their main (non-community) packs worked fine in DBMC, then it looks like something got hard coded with Kodi's data directory path (I think) rather than whatever Android's equivalent is of a %SystemRootFoo% type path. After that date, new installations borked, skin/menu/shortcut problems at least.
    If they've fixed it again, that'd be great!

15. Hightone10

Hightone10 Member

I have T8-s plus droidbox with dbmc and retro wookie on it did once try spmc or embc and it did not install the wookie properly I have had the box nearly a year and have always used this setup problem free I think in that time they has been i think 3 OTA updates hope this helps you out?.