Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,was gonna try the rouge firmware but want to keep the 16gb card that’s pre installed on the 350m just in case I want to put it back,can this be a bigger card or does it have to be the same size a 16gb ? Going to flash it onto another card but will it take a bigger gb size card ? Dont have anything that size but they are cheap anyways to purchase a 16gb micro sd

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,Ive tried it with the 64gb card that comes free with the 350m as I have a 128gb card so I’m using that in slot 2,formatted the 64gb to fat 32 and flashed the card with the rouge firmware but when I put it in the 350m it wont switch on ? Tried pressing reset but it does nothing ! Put the 16gb back in and it works

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Are you installing the correct firmware for the RG350M? The RG350 firmware will not work on it and I dont think Rogue FW is available for the RG350M yet.

The best thing to do would be to make an image of the original 16GB card, write that to the new card, then resize the card to make use of the extra space. You will then need to connect via USB cable to copy over any other files you want to the first card as it will be in a non Windows recognisable format. You can see our guide at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/copying-files-via-usb-cable-from-pc/ for how to copy over USB.

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,thanks for the info on the rogue FW so its not the same ? Just thought it would have been as the internals of both devices are the same spec apart from screen resolution etc,cheers anyway and will watch out for the 350m version

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We have had a few customers install RG350 firmwares and it wont boot. So for the moment at least I would not try installing them unless you plan to use another card or have a back up of the original firmware to go back to.

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,yes I tried it with the 64gb card and as you say it wont boot,will keep that one aside until the 350m CFW is released