Martin Zog

Sep 6, 2017
I have new iMXQPro v2 with DBMC 16.7-00. I can't get The Movie Datebase scraper to scan my movies.

Universal Movie Scraper works fine with IMDB, but that can't connect to TMDB either if I chose that option.

Everything is up to date as possible, although I note that TMDB scraper is 3.94 and dependency The Movie Database Scraper Library is 2.14 - in both cases these are not the latest Kodi add-ons.

I tried manual install from zip file (downloaded from Kodi) for latest versions of the TMDB files (TMDB v.3.95 , scraper library v.2.16) but that did not work.

Any ideas gratefully received, otherwise I'll have to uninstall DBMC and use Kodi as I have spent a lot of time contributing on TMDB website, especially more obscure foreign movies not available on IMDB.

thanks

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, you can take a look at this from the GibHub site, it may not work in DBMC/SPMC 16.7.00 but they say it works with the SPMC 17 test builds.

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/930

Also I'm wondering why you would have to uninstall DBMC off your box to use Kodi as you can run both applications on your box.

Last edited:

Martin Zog

Sep 6, 2017
Thanks Angela, your response pointed me in the right direction, as I was looking at a Kodi rather than SPMC solution.

I finally found the answer here: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/s...-gets-movie-tv-series-info.17454/#post-141132

This SPMC version for some reason prevents updating themoviedb add-ons, but these can be done manually - see explanation below from jph33 on the Minix Forum:

"Ok succeeded. I download the tmdb scraper and the common tmdb library. Unzip them. Then edit the addon.xml file and Added 67 before each version number
3.9.5 become 673.9.5 and 2.16.0 become 672.16.0. In the tmdb scraper addon.xml i changed the referenced version of the tmdb common library From 2.13.1 to 672.16.0.
Finally i saved everything and rezip all and did an install From zip for both addons. Then all was working perfectly !"

You can also download the amended zip files from the link above.

The Movie DB now works perfectly again.

Reactions: angela