Looking to add some variety to your new RG552? Why not try out one of the best RG552 Custom Firmware currently available, compiled in a handy list!..Read full article

Jazbur

Jan 1, 2020
Thanks for the update.

The only issue I have with 351Elec (shouldn’t that be 552Elec? ), is that the secondary card needs to be in exFat format to work. Trouble is Android needs the card to be in Fat32 format, which means having two seperate cards with the games and swapping them out for each OS.

The JELOS firmware is a strange one, as I’ve just been browsing their site and apparently it’s not compatible with Sandisk SD cards. Surely Sandisk cards are the most popular, so why this is the case has me baffled.

Cheers.

Last edited:

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
The only issue I have with 351Elec (shouldn’t that be 552Elec? ), is that the secondary card needs to be in exFat format to work. Trouble is Android needs the card to be in Fat32 format, which means having two seperate cards with the games and swapping them out for each OS.
Might be worth bringing up on their discord (you can find a link from the 351Elec website). There's probably a reason for them to be restricted to exFAT but heck if I know what it is. :p

The JELOS firmware is a strange one, as I’ve just been browsing their site and apparently it’s not compatible with Sandisk SD cards. Surely Sandisk cards are the most popular, so why this is the case has me baffled.
Definitely unusual. JELOS is a small project by one guy though, so he probably has his reasons for it.

At this stage I'd wait until bothering to commit to custom firmware honestly. Maybe in a few months from now the landscape will be more matured/diverse.

Reactions: Jazbur

Jazbur

Jan 1, 2020
Waiting is a good idea I think. I’m interested in 351Elec and having two separate game cards is not a big deal, but I’ll see what happens. They’ve been quite quick with CF so far, so hoping for good things in the future. Cheers.

Reactions: BenDroiX