BANDIT

Jun 28, 2016
Them Damn Thumbnails.. grrr.. Accumulate & Slow my Sys Down.. (Fix). snigger

Awe Shivva. Every Time I use Android/Kodi.. I Cop fer 10Mb ov Thumbs.
An' After a Week my System Is Chokka/Bollixed.. WELL Guys... No More..!!
Figga This 'un.. ^____^
'Ave a Shufti on't sdCard @DCIM... A'haaaa.. The Little Gits... Titter.
Yeah. Tucked away in a Folder... (.thumbnails). In otherwords.. HIDDEN
Soooooo..!!. You're all carrying ”hidden” Weight... Ya know Summat.? ..
Google P*ss me off In More than One Way... However...Here's the FIX.
Dive Into DCIM And delete that Blasted ".thumbnails" Folder.
NOW create a "FILE" named ".thumbnails"......
Keepin' It Easy Over 'ere Boss..!!.. ^_^

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Mines 1.32gb whats all that about!! Gone! What did all that consist of? Basically traces of everything have visited in android?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
In storage & reset, I checked before and after the new file created and storage stayed at 27gb even after reboot? Not sure where that 1.32gb I gained has gone? Droidbox T8s-Plus 32gb and know the dual boot f/w takes a cut of this but....

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're certain the free space didn't alter at all, I might be wrong, but my first assumption would be the Recycle Bin option in ES File Explorer is turned on.
Open up ES File Explorer, scroll on left to the TOOLS section. If not expanded, click it. Click the Recycle Bin entry (NOT the switch yet), empty bin. Now turn Recycle Bin off. Might not need the middle step, but better safe than sorry.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You were right all along ChrisM, recycle bin turned on #SchoolboyError!! Forgot to disable after f/w update and data wipe:rolleyes:Cheers guys, all good

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Solid Explorer is one possible replacement for ES File Explorer. I pushed for it to be included with fw very early on, but with recent adware, bloatware invites and notifications that want your attention, I'm hoping to find a suitable replacement.
Another thing to consider is if you've space left, having images cached for pages you might open again will mean speedier rendering of results compared to live lookups each time.