stephen dumma

Jul 8, 2015
after a factory reset of my T8 i installed Titanium after following an online tutorial. everything seemed to have worked fine until i restarted my box. titanium opened but there appears to be no skin in the app. the screen is mostly black and when i try to open any icon nothing appears to load. any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Might have to factory reset again as long as you didn't try to flash the box. I recommend you tube i study it weekly to keep up with the new technology new boxes new apps I taught myself android, and TV boxes washers dryers on it

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@stephen dumma Clear Kodi's data, don't worry about an entire factory reset.
If you have the original T8 or T8-S device: Go to the launcher's homescreen. Click the Settings icon (normally one or two cogs). Click the "Other" tab. Click the More Settings button. Select the Apps entry. Scroll down to Kodi (or DBMC (DroidBOX Media Centre) or SPMC, whichever you installed Titanium into and click on it. Select Force Stop if not greyed out and confirm. Select Clear Data and confirm.

If a T8-S Plus v1, T8-S Plus v2, T8 Mini device: Go to the launcher's homescreen. Click the Settings icon (normally one or two cogs). Select the Apps entry. Scroll across to Kodi (or DBMC (DroidBOX Media Centre) or SPMC, whichever you installed Titanium into) and click on it. Select Force Stop if not greyed out and confirm. Select Clear Data and confirm.

It might be worth checking if the Wizard you're using requires a certain version of Kodi (16,17 Jarvis,Krypton). If it does, once the data has been cleared, open the app and click on the System Info entry, under the System menu. If you have a T8 or T8-S, Kodi 16.1 and DBMC 16.3.0 are the latest compatible versions. If the Wizard requires 17/Krypton, switch to a different build/wizard.

Reactions: SmokingElectronics