Mikey1878

Mar 4, 2016
I am a complete noob to this so please forgive my ignorance. I have been given a box that says MXQ on the top. It seems to boot up fine and there are apps on there. My problem is the streams buffer like hell. When watching tv shows its streams for approx 7 mins and then buffers. Live sports keeps jittering and is far from smooth.

I have 80 meg fibre connection and all other streaming services (netflix/youtube/iplayer) stream with no problems. I have reset my router and changed the ports. I have also changed the ethernet that I use to connect. If anyone can suggest anything to help I would be eternally grateful as at the moment the box is useless. Thank you in advance.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i updated one of these for a friend and thought it was not bad for the price he paid for it, you probably need a freshen up, i would go to the apps in settings and find kodi/xbmc whichever you have installed and clear data and uninstall.

use the browser to find the kodi download site and get the latest version and install it
add wookie to the source and run the retro look wizard or you can get the wookie spmc from the wookie website and that will have the wizard in place already

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The most common cause of buffering is server overload. This is out of your control and the only alternative is to try different streams and Addons. Which Addons are causing you problems? Your broadband speed does not seem to be a contributory factor although to be sure I would run a speed test using an app like Ookla, both wired and unwired. To some extent you can get round the buffering problem by halting a TV show or film for 5 or so minutes and then continuing. Using the xunity maintenance tool to clear Kodi cache regularly can also help.

Live sport can be a problem on the best and fastest machines, again due to the number of people using the servers. This Tuesday and Wednesday was particularly bad for football for example. You could try experimenting with the hardware acceleration settings in Kodi settings to see if this improves things.

Other things include ensuring you have a more recent version of Kodi and Addons. Check, and then go to the droidbox blog page to grab more recent Kodi if yours is out of date.

Mikey1878

Mar 4, 2016
The most common cause of buffering is server overload. This is out of your control and the only alternative is to try different streams and Addons. Which Addons are causing you problems? Your broadband speed does not seem to be a contributory factor although to be sure I would run a speed test using an app like Ookla, both wired and unwired. To some extent you can get round the buffering problem by halting a TV show or film for 5 or so minutes and then continuing. Using the xunity maintenance tool to clear Kodi cache regularly can also help.

Live sport can be a problem on the best and fastest machines, again due to the number of people using the servers. This Tuesday and Wednesday was particularly bad for football for example. You could try experimenting with the hardware acceleration settings in Kodi settings to see if this improves things.

Other things include ensuring you have a more recent version of Kodi and Addons. Check, and then go to the droidbox blog page to grab more recent Kodi if yours is out of date.

Thanks for the tips, ill look into that. The reason I think there is an issue is that it happens on all the apps I use everytime, havent even been able to watch a 20 min show without it stopping, after about 7 mins. The same with live streams, I tried several and they all have the same problem. My speeds are fine both wired and wireless. No other streaming issues with any other service or system. Thanks for the advice

Mikey1878

Mar 4, 2016
i updated one of these for a friend and thought it was not bad for the price he paid for it, you probably need a freshen up, i would go to the apps in settings and find kodi/xbmc whichever you have installed and clear data and uninstall.

use the browser to find the kodi download site and get the latest version and install it
add wookie to the source and run the retro look wizard or you can get the wookie spmc from the wookie website and that will have the wizard in place already

Thank you for that, I will look into how to do that. I bought a preloaded box as I am not very technical but I will see what I can do.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you did not buy from droidbox you could contact the box supplier for more advice. Maybe they have a forum for users like this one for droidbox ones.