kcbc

Nov 25, 2015
I have an M8S Droid box, I recently updated to kodi 16 the first couple of days the streams were coming in very nicely would try 2 or 3 streams and movie came right in. Now I'm trying 7 or 8 before I get one to work right. Some would come in and stop after a minute or so, and some would come in play for 3 minutes and kick me back into the streams menu. The movie channels I use are Exodis, Velocity, Salts, Prime wire, amd Navi X. My hard drive has 4 gigs of free space so that is not a problem.

Have noticed little banners asking for donations to cover higher server costs, could this possibly be why some of the streams are difficult to get in. Thank you for any help you can give me.

KBC

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi KBC

Although you say you have some free memory, the first thing to do in cases like these is to a clean up.
i would go into android - apps - Kodi and clear cache (not data). If you have one of the maintenance tools installed (ares wizard, tvaddons or xunity) you can also use one of those to do the same and also clean up thumbnails and packages (old Addons).
See how that works.

The little banners you see on boot up will not be the cause.

I note you have an M8S. Although you say this is a droidbox, to my knowledge droidbox have not supplied this model (they do an m8) so you might want to recheck that. It is possible that there is some issue with the build that is responsible. I note you've been on the forum before with a similar problem.

Good luck. Let us know if the above makes any difference.

kcbc

Nov 25, 2015
Hi Nigelar,

Thank you for your input, I've gone in and cleaned all the cache and it seems to be working better now.
There is one icon in the maintenance section zero cache, does that just clear the cache in kodi or does it clear cache in all the apps.

I have two kodi 16.1 in my downloads, having a problem deleting them. Thanks again for your help, if I have any more problems will put up a post, and will check the build online and see if there is problems.

KBC

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi KBC

The "zero cache" option is nothing to do with maintenance. It is a tweak that is supposed to help reduce buffering although some experts do not recommend using it (e.g. The tvaddons people).
You should be able to delete the superfluous Kodi if it has installed, in android - settings - apps. Look for 2 icons. It is possible one of them is a customised Kodi with a slightly different name. If it is just an old .apk file in the downloads folder then any file manager (e.g. Es file explorer or even the android stock file manager) should be able to delete them.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
HI KBC,

Users should not use the zero cache mode/settings on a device that does not have a lot of free internal space, such as an Amazon Fire TV, OUYA, or other devices with only about 8GB of local space total. Such devices will only have about 4GB of available space when you deduct the OS and other files that are used, and this is rarely enough space for a full length movie. If Kodi attempts to use the local drive without having enough space then video will either suddenly stop, or Kodi could even crash.

Hope this helps

Reactions: ChrisM