Alan Preece

May 5, 2015
I have the standard customised version of Kodi that came with my box T8, but I want to upgrade to the latest version, and also just install the plugins I want (and setup the screen as I want too), but upon downloading Kodi from their website it won't let me install it due to be signed differently (I think that's what it said).

Is there anyway to overcome this error?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Alan Preece the next sentence isn't for you, as from the phrasing of your query, you sound confident/adept at configuring devices with a little extra info. Just a warning for future visitors of the thread.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY TO LOSE THE WIZARD AND SOME SUPPORT FROM DROIDBOX.

You've hit the nail on the head, the current install is blocking your downloaded APK from doing anything.
Settings from the launcher homescreen.
Other tab.
More Settings.
Apps.
Scroll down to Kodi 4 DroidBOX and click on it.
Force Stop and confirm you're happy you know what you're doing.
Uninstall and again reassure the device you're pressing the right button.
Return to the location of the APK you've downloaded, install, open.
If you're happy with installing repos (makes sense to do this before aiming for specific add-ons) and then tweaking things to your taste, you're done.
If not, we're happy to help where needed, make sure you take a good flick through the Kodi wiki though, most topics are covered there... http://kodi.wiki/
If you've got a working setup of Kodi already somewhere, perhaps take a note of the add-ons you use the most, and check which repos they can be found in. If you come across AAA anywhere, don't bother bodging anything to install it. Same as with previous add-ons, sometimes they just die.