cliff

Sep 20, 2014
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
hi

got the box yesterday set up kodi in openelec with the black nova skin no option to revert back to android setting just powers down ,tried the suggested fix of going back to confluence issue still the same only way to get round this was the restore option to boot to android.tried the factory restore and setup again same thing happens.

EDIT
happens again after confluence skin updates.it loses the android option and also in the system sub menu there is no openelec options to choose either.this is becoming a pain in the arse.having to keep authorizing my trakt/debrid accounts

Last edited:

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
hi

got the box yesterday set up kodi in openelec with the black nova skin no option to revert back to android setting just powers down ,tried the suggested fix of going back to confluence issue still the same only way to get round this was the restore option to boot to android.tried the factory restore and setup again same thing happens
Did you follow the below video to switch back from OpenELEC to Android:
Also you can use the option "Reboot to Android"option to switch back to Android side, under System click on OpenELEC then scroll down and click on "Reboot to Android".
There is also one option in Recovery menu where you can choose either to boot into Android or OpenELEC.

cliff

Sep 20, 2014
t.me
thanks qaisir

but if you read my post properly,i have already said ,tried the switch back fix you have shown,done the restore to android and also factory reset .once the confluence skin updates the openelec options are not available on the new confluence skin.and I don't want to keep having to keep going to the recovery menu just to switch back

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
In Openelec side, go into program add-ons and openelec setting should be there.
If you have a different skin look in the sub menus. Inside openelec setting there is an option to reset to default, this will clear data in openelec. Then run the wookie wizard lite.
Word of warning, sometimes it also restores the android side to. So you might have to re-run the wizard that side, but at leased it will be sorted for you to switch back.

Reactions: thegazsheard

cliff

Sep 20, 2014
t.me
I have all my addons I require from backup so I don't use wizards .I have done the reset elec but this just returns back to as shipped.so I will have to setup up kodi again with my accounts ,tv and movie libraries and keep doing this everytime I want to switch back or go to the recovery option to change back,so the option I have is choose openelec permanently and setup or keep as android and setup sort of defeats the dual boot option

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, In Black nova skin select add-ons, then programs scroll down to openelec configuration, select it.
then in system scroll down to the bottom and select (reboot to android)

Reactions: cliff

Mainy

Apr 26, 2015
Hi how do I install kodi in openelec I have a new t8plus can't figure it out I'm not up to date with this box never used openelec before cheers friends

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hi how do I install kodi in openelec I have a new t8plus can't figure it out I'm not up to date with this box never used openelec before cheers friends
You don't need to install Kodi on OpenELEC as it is preinstalled on it.
You just need to switch to OpenELEC side and then install Wookie Lite on Kodi by following the below video:
(ignore the first part of video).