Ron

Jan 1, 2015
I've tried every vpn apk and can't get any to work. I did a maintenance check with droidvpn and it seems that the tun.ko kernel is not loaded.

I tried Tun.ko app and nothing will download.

Hola apk works fine but when I do an ip check im still at home address.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Ron

Jan 1, 2015
Tun.ko returns: Downloaded module is incompatible

Root Checker returns: Sorry this device does not have root access.

Ron

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for your help. I might try a factory reset. Maybe that might resolve the issue. Is the X7 rooted from factory?

Ron

Jan 1, 2015
E-mail sent SilentlyScreaming.

Thanks Tony, I tried that fix but on initial screen it looks for a password. I have no idea what the password is.

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
it asks for 4 digit code just choose 1234 and install ur Vpn app.. worked for me.

Reactions: ChrisM

Borgeluk

Mar 29, 2015
Hi, i have the same issue with my x7.

VPN is asking for a pin. 1234 doesn't however work. In settings > security > credential storage, i've cleared credentials, hoping this would resolve the VPN PIN code setting.

Any ideas, how i can resolve this?

Borgeluk

Mar 29, 2015
Got it! Had to factory reset the X7 (wipe and reset factory data option), to regain access to the VPN settings (under android network settings). Found a thread on this forum providing instructions.

Used Tony's android VPN set-up instructions (PPTP), using my VPN service provider access credentials.
Now works sweet!

By the looks of things some VPN android apps including 'openvpn connect', won't work on the x7 due to the absence of Tun.ko drivers, from the x7 kernel.

Thanks guys, this thread really helped. :)

Reactions: ChrisM