JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
had the t8s for two days now ( amazing ) I've been useing kodi through openELEC which I find better than android , my question is what is the proper way to turn the box off when in openELEC mode ?

Cheers

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
had the t8s for two days now ( amazing ) I've been useing kodi through openELEC which I find better than android , my question is what is the proper way to turn the box off when in openELEC mode ?

Cheers
When you are inside openELEC,thats not Android anymore.openELEC is special OS designed to run Kodi(XBMC) only.By proper way of shutting down,if you would use interface,you would need to switch to Android first and then to actually shut down.When it comes to physical commands like pressing power off on your remote,or simply pressing power button on your DroidBOX,you would actually leave it in openELEC mode boot,so next time when you turn ON your box,you will be in the openELEC mode.

What option will you chose,depends on your needs for the box.
If you want openELEC to boot up first,use power button as an ON/OFF method,if you want Android,just switch to the Android mode and turn OFF box how ever you want!

Regards

JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
Thank you for your reply that was what I hoped you'd say , I just wasn't sure

Thanks again