triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi all
The TV show facility seems to have stopped working on my T8 SE. We have been watching several series but last night there was nothing. There now doesn't seem to be any TV content at all. Tried Yoda, Medussa and Exodus Redux but none are working. Has something happened?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I will check later today. In the meantime, can you confirm if you use a VPN like PIA and have it installed on your router?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I tested YODA - tv shows - new episodes - into the badlands. Played ok
Exodus redux - tv shows - new episodes - knightfall. Played ok

If you picked an openload source are you pairing?

I believe rapidvideo sources may not be playing nice with Kodi due to a revenue issue because adverts do not appear in kodi.

Still interested the VPN you use.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi Nigelar
I dont use a VPN but may look into it.
Tried Yoda again and still nothing. Followed what you did , tv shows-new episodes and the list is empty. Should I try and re install the addons?
Cheers

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Tried re installing Yoda from the repo but same issue, nothing in any of the tv shows list. Movies are ok.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
strangely, everything is working as it should on my old t8 box with the Mygica app running 17.5

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do you get any screen art returned for any shows?
Try a search for a tv show you know has multiple series and episodes.
Trying here to see if the problem is the call to the TV database which returns all the screen art. (Possibly a reoccurence of the tvdb api issue - look it up).

If you know how to run debug and interpret kodi logs that may help. I've tracked some problems in the past by doing that.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks Nigelar
There is nothing at all coming up on any of the tv show options. We were watching a series on friday and wanted to watch the next episode but everything had disapperaed!
I'll have a look at the tvdb api thing. Don't know about debug etc.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The other thing is to make sure you have the latest versions of all resolvers e.g. url resolver. Normally they auto update unless you have this turned off.
Heres an explanation of what url resolver does, but it is odd that movies are working ok

https://kodierror.com/url-resolver/

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
One last thing to try, reboot your router.
I want to eliminate a static ip address failing captcha code technology at the host end.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
I went to System Settings-Addons-Manage dependancies and made sure URL Resolver was updated in all repositories (supremacy, maverick,kodil, bugatsinho, ukodi1, kodi add on ) and made sure auto-update was on but problem still persists. Tried rebooting the router but still no good. Is it time for a factory reset?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes. Apart from rebooting the box itself after all the updates you've done and retesting then that is probably the best bet.

At some point in the future it may be worthwhile learning how to run a kodi debug and analysing results as that might help point to the true error (you can also email the debug log to people to, to see if they can help)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Actually a factory reset may be a bit drastic. Clearing data in kodi, android - settings - apps - kodi - clear data, would give you an empty kodi you can rebuild.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi Angela
I think what is described in the link you provided is exactly what my problem is. I'll have a go at fixing it. Thanks for your help