CrashTestDummy

Apr 8, 2016
In a van down by the river
Tv addons has been a good source of information and addons for a long time. The forum is handy as well, being able to directly give feed back and thanks to developers is great. With that said what the hell is going on?
This morning I have a new addon called"Indigo" that I did not install. Indigo seems to be a good way to tweak kodi with builds , skins etc. That's fine for those that use them but why do I have this on the video addon screen? Why is this not in the programs section? With it in the video addons some one can easily accidentally wipe Kodi out. All this would be no big deal if it was in programs or it could be uninstalled and it would certainly be an improvement if I could vent on the Tvaddons forum but it no longer exists.

End of rant.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just tv addons flexing their muscles again, its their way or the highway. They think there is just their repo in kodi!!

CrashTestDummy

Apr 8, 2016
Yes I had seen that about lambda.Highway 99 was another developer at tvaddons Interestingly enough if you are running a patched Vaughn live it won't work with anything from them installed. But that is no longer a problem.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
They want to be the only devs in Kodi, all wrong imo there will be trouble ahead in the world of Kodi.

CrashTestDummy

Apr 8, 2016
This crap can be uninstalled go to programs > notifications uninstall> reboot Kodi> uninstall indigo this is after getting rid of the repo.
Reinstalled UK Turks from Mettle kettle problem solved.
After the stunt lamba pulled the forum was probably DOSed or spammed to death,good riddance.

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No need to be dictating to users what they want to be installed on YOUR device, Kodi is free to install whatever you want!!!!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes raymon, its normally the 1st repo I add but no more

raymon

Feb 3, 2017
I had it as a source on my T8-S Plus....... I installed addons installer (actually did not had the addons it used to have) and the maintenance tool..... when I tried to unistall, it was saying `addon couldn`t be unistalled`. I had to remove source and force close kodi

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
FWIW, Indigo is a renamed Add-on, if you had Fusion's old name version (Add-on installer?), when it updated there was a name change, and the category of video add-on was added to the existing program add-on flag (or whatever term is correct for that sort of setting).
No comment on the politics of the scene, I've seen friends turn on each other out there, no interest in dipping toes in!