Bar

Aug 1, 2017
Having done a stock recovery on the iMXQpro V2, I decided to debloat it and get everything running that bit faster. Wasn't sure how to get a backup but tried a few TWRP images I had on hard disk and got one of them to boot and backup / restore the box.

Didn't attempt replacing stock Recovery as it'll probably destroy dual booting but you can make your own backup / restores by booting with the recovery.img file on an sdcard, using the toothpick method to boot TWRP.

Use at your own risk but works fine for me..

TWRP 3.0.2.0.
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!oI1SSJbD!7XTiE-0jLwUUyEFNtahm1O9-3a52MwR4hqM2mBDu3HQ

Bar

Aug 1, 2017
TWRP doesn't need installed as it runs from SDCard. Just click "use MD5 checking" on restore and there will be no way to tell that you've restored the /boot /data /system partitions so no warranty issues.

The benefits of TWRP are you can do regular weekly backups then, if you get a dodgy app update from play store, etc, which causes a kernel panic or similar, then all you have to do is restore the backup from last week and you aren't having to restore to factory firmware, losing weeks / months of setting up box to how you want it.