rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
Hi.
A have an iMX6 MCE with the openelec fw. Because openelec seems dead I decided to try to move to android. I email support with all my details (order number etc) and they pointed my to the android fw page.

The problem is that I cant enter recovery. If I tried to boot with the toothpick the device will stuck in the openelec logo for ever. If I boot without the toothpick, it will boot to openelec as normal.

I also tried to create a recovery sd card. I followed the pined thread in this forum, from a linux pc. Nothing changed. I tried to boot with the recovery card using the toothpick but again I'm stuck at the openelec boot screen...

Any ideas?

rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
ok, no idea.

At least can anyone point me to the correct files for recovery, for example the correct u-boot.bin and recovery.img for the imx6?

rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
I don't remember a uboot file being involved with the iMX6 procedure though.

so why in the thread pinned in this forum (iMX6 MCE forum) you say:

SilentlyScreaming said:
So, we need: u-boot.img for that device and rest of firmware (update.zip and recovery.img which is recovery kernel + tools, usually Android recovery system).

Anyway.
Nothing happens with this file. When I remove the toothpick I just have a black screen.
Even worst, now the device won't boot to recovery but also won't to boot normally. Even I tried to turn it on normally, I just have a black screen. And stays there...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
My apologies, I'd thought we were in the Android iMX6 area of the forum here.

The quote is from someone else (see the bottom of that post), from two years ago, we've not seen much activity with iMX6 MCE-based devices. Might be an idea to see if the original author of that post has some ideas, or perhaps the IMG file as well.

rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
My initial purpose (when I found out that recovery is not working) was to install android. Mostly because kodi is very outdated in MCE and never had any real support from droidbox (sadly because linux is much more powerful as MC)

So is there any change to use the android files to fix and/or move to android?

If not, can you provide the files needed? I mean the original u-boot.img for the iMX6 and rest of firmware (update.zip and recovery.img)?
I can't ask the author of the how-to yours device specific files. You are the ones who should have these

rangerGR

Jul 29, 2014
Thanks, I'll do it know.

The problem is that after I tried your suggestion my box won't boot at all. I can use my laptop for a while, but I really hope to have my box back.