ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
For warranty cover/full support, stick to the one provided, as if anything goes wrong with the non-DroidBOX update offered, our bean counters might try to argue that it wasn't a procedure we said to follow.

Waggers

Aug 10, 2016
Just to let anybody who is following the trial of the alternative firmware i have now restored the original firmware on my T8 mini with the help of SS.
I will try the OTA firmware update that is available at some point.
Many thanks to SS for his assistance and support.

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi Silently Screaming
If there is an OTA firmware update available can you please send me the either the update or the original files so I can update my box, I assume that the firmware update is what myself and Waggers trialled but a proper Droidbox version.
Regards to all Pete

Waggers

Aug 10, 2016
Pete,
There is a sticky at the start of this forum all about a firmware update. Not sure if this covers the 'fix' you experienced with that firmware we tried.
Regards
Glyn

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
From my understanding at least, the OTA is unrelated to the test firmware you tried @PeteA , stick with what you have for now, we'll get the developers to check the differences and hopefully import the relevant parts to our own fw.

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi SilentlyScreaming
Any news on an update so that I can put my box back to a Droidbox One? as the current firmware has many problems that are becoming annoying.

Regards Pete

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not had any updates specifically about this. There was a T8 Mini OTA update yesterday, but the changelog I've seen didn't mention it. Can you e-mail us and I'll chase the coders up to see whether anything at that level was included.

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi SilentlyScreaming
Would it be possible for you to mail me the firmware so that I can return my box to a Droidbox, not worried about the 4k problem at the moment as nearly everything is still 1028p hd.
Many regards and happy new year Pete.

Poison85

Dec 17, 2016
Hi PeteA,

I have a Samsung 4k curved and LG 4k and before DBMC upgrade there was problem with 4k, after upgrade everything working.

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
OK Poison85 thanks for the info, will ask again for the correct operating system for my box.

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi SilentlyScreaming
Please could you arrange for the correct Droidbox firmware to be mailed out to me so I can return my box to a Droidbox T8.
Many regards Pete

Waggers

Aug 10, 2016
Poison85 - interesting you have curved Samsung UHD TV. As you may read earlier in this thread i also have similar and cannot get 4K on the display setting (1080p or 720 only) and hence not in Kodi either. As PeteA mentions this isnt a big issue as there is no or very little 4K content at the moment except Youtube.
Droid support - is there any progress on identifying what my problem is (Tv model supplied earlier in this post). I have updated to latest firmware but no resolution of this issue.

Poison85

Dec 17, 2016
Hello Waggers,

My TV model is UE55KU6670, my 4k issue was only with Kodi and after upgrade DBMC no more issue.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Well I am not further forward. I have now got a 21gbps version 2 cable and the issue continues where I can only setup 1080 or 720 resolution. I have tried all hdmi ports on the TV and checked the tv manual which states that all 4 ports can support 4k 60.
I feel I have taken over this thread and not helped PeteA with his issue as originally I was interested in his 4k setup. I am willing to help but until I can configure the T8 to 4k to my TV I can't be of much use.
I will trigger the remote help and see what that brings unless anybody has more ideas through here.
On Samsung 4k TV's you may have to enable UHD colour for each input, in picture options. Not all inputs, depending on the model, will have this option.