1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to play 4k

Discussion in 'T8 Mini' started by PeteA, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Poison85

Poison85 New Member

I check with UHD colour enable and disable - restart droid box and still working.

2. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Hi, On my tv UHD is only available on HDMI 1. It is enabled and that is where the T8 mini is connected. Just updated to 1.1.0 and rebooted after the upgrade. In display setup i am still limited to 1080p although the 480p option has appeared, the T8 now defaults to 1080p which it didnt in the previous release. The 4k options are not displayed.
    I have had a friends 4k blu-ray attached to the same cable last month and it worked no problem at 4k. I suspect the T8 mini has an issue in its initial handshake with the tv.

3. Poison85

Poison85 New Member

Hi,

My tv is connected to HDMI2.
    I have only HDMI1 on UHD colour avaible but spoken with Samsung support and they told me is an issue which they will fix with next update and for now HDMI1 works for all 3 HDMI ports on UHD colour.
    Maybe you can try do factory reset your TV and T8 Mini and check if this will help, and what Samsung say our DroidBox should be connected to HDMI2 portwhich i have. I belive if it start working on my Samsung and LG it also should start work on your one.

4. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for that advice and info. Watching footy at moment so it will be tomorrow before i try those options so will post the outcome then.
    By the way my team went through to next round yesterday lunchtime...

5. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Hi,
    I have now reset the tv to factory and performed a system reset on the T8. Having done this I immediately went into screen resolution and it was set at 1080p. 720 and 480 were also displayed. I have tried all four HDMI ports on the tv but can only get 1080p from the T8 mini. All of this is with the latest firmware with android 6.
    Having already tested the HDMI cable with a friends 4k blu-ray on my Tv, which works, I can only assume there is an issue with the initial handshake from the T8 mini.
    Apart from this issue the T8 is a very good piece of kit. Shame Droidbox dont seem to have a solution.

6. Poison85

Poison85 New Member

That shame 4k not working. Can you tell me please your TV model? Maybe some of my m8's have and i can check if its working on they're TV's.

7. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Many thanks. Its a Samsung UE40JU6740.

8. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Regarding requests for fw, please e-mail us (with a link to your forum post) for this, see my signature. (I'm not on the forum regularly, 8bit dev covers here now.)

9. Poison85

Poison85 New Member

Hi. My m8 have same TV but 48 inch. Everything working perfect with new Firmware (android marshmallow) .

10. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Hello poison85, I have the T8mini with latest firmware and the afor mentioned Samsung and it doesn't work at 4k. Apart from that all ok and a good device. The Samsung works with 4k blu-ray on the same HDMI port and also the in-built Youtube.

11. fiveznuff

fiveznuff Member

@Waggers I added you to a issue I had a while ago not able to play 4k and no sound issues when it was playing in 5.1

Sent from my SM-N920V using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

12. Waggers

Waggers New Member

Fiveznuff : your reply was corrupted. Could you re-send please.