kairosmorpi

Dec 23, 2019
Hello, I set up the latest build for PCSX4ALL (21 Oct release) and I can't save in PS1 games, I tested on Crash Bandicoot 2, CTR, Silent Hill, Ridge Racer and Contra Adventure and no one let me save ("An error occured", "Cannot read the Memory Card", ....). Is there a new release of the emulator? I thank you in advance.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I have not tried but you may need to make a memory card file. Try starting the emulator without a game to get to the PlayStation screen and you can format a card there. It should save a memory card file to your SD card. If not, try copying an existing .mcr file from the internet to /usr/local/home/.pcsx4all/memcards/ folder.

kairosmorpi

Dec 23, 2019
I have not tried but you may need to make a memory card file. Try starting the emulator without a game to get to the PlayStation screen and you can format a card there. It should save a memory card file to your SD card. If not, try copying an existing .mcr file from the internet to /usr/local/home/.pcsx4all/memcards/ folder.

Hello, thanks for your reply. That's weird, I launched CTR this morning and I was able to save the game and I can see the save file in Crash Bandicoot 1, on the "Load game" page, I can see CTR icon. I'll try to create a memory card in the emulator settings. How can I launch it without game?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
If it saved the game then I think the file has already been created. Have you tried it with any other games. Also, are you quitting the emulator in the menu instead of switching off the handheld when finishing paying. This way, if the file has been created, it will be able to write it and save when the emulator is being closed down.

kairosmorpi

Dec 23, 2019
If it saved the game then I think the file has already been created. Have you tried it with any other games. Also, are you quitting the emulator in the menu instead of switching off the handheld when finishing paying. This way, if the file has been created, it will be able to write it and save when the emulator is being closed down.

Hello, and happy new year :p

So I tried on different games and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I relaunch the original PCSX4All that was preinstalled in the SD card and the save option work with every games... Maybe I do something wrong with the installation of the lastest version.

"Also, are you quitting the emulator in the menu instead of switching off the handheld when finishing paying." You mean when I finish to play? I press Power+Select to return to the main page of the console (selection games page), and then turn off the console using the option "Power off" to prevent corrupt data.