vasey1980

Sep 1, 2014
I'm looking to upgrade from the imx6 as it is rather dated and plays no hd content anymore.

What is the best box to buy right now that won't be dated as soon as I get it. I understand things are pretty much dated as soon as you buy them, but what will last me more than a year or so?

Thank you to anyone who can help

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
I personally love the droidbox t8s plus v2

to many people are focusing on the number of cores 4 core 8 core well let's sort that out right away!
8 cores is still new and not fully used by anything if a member wants to post a picture of the process when you hit the
information button on the remote control during the movie it shows all the information about what's going on stereo memory cpu loads

on that screen the 4 cpus never go over 30 percent and most are lower some are 5 percent there's no need for 8 cores just like 64 bit os or 4k white Wales imaginary and not very good yet

the droidbox is solid good quality I have been researching boxes since my mxq wasn't what I wanted and it always comes to droidbox in with the top boxes
then droidbox has this forum, local support compared to China and no support ,updates, submit your error logs right from the box and to much else to list

allot of people have gotten really upset about things that droidbox can't control the software one easy way to sort it out fast a admin on here said go to YouTube in android does it work good?
then it's kodi not the box kodi is so sweet and great BUT it's a royal pain and 70 percent of the problems! if you use Netflix hulu etc fine steady reliable
kodi is 3rd party addons your relying on someone else to do things right now no longer the big Netflix service or hulu this can make it look like the box is junk or a worthless headache
you also have to check out the network and your isp is your dsl, broadband etc acting up is it like so many people are having problems with wireless Internet instead of wired or vpn problems

it sounds complicated but it's not that bad it's just things people don't know or think of before blaming the box

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I love my T8 Mini. Same fast insides but I have no need for Hard Drive. I love the Lebrelec side of it.
Droidbox have great support and great forum.
Gets my vote.

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
The key to success and a good box experience is knowing the technology, ups and downs, ins and outs everything you can learn because it might and most likely will be kodi or sources etc not the box whether it's a droidbox or other brand