theshoefairy

Jun 28, 2017
Hi all, I have been trying to sort this out for some time but nothing seems to work.

I have a T8 mini and have noticed recently that the quality when watching movies isn't as good.

I have tried numerous ways to upgrade to kodi 17. I did install the ota update which said that it included kodi 17 but nothing has happened. I have also tried to install from Google play and also kodi website. I also tried the droid Market and it seems to have installed another version of kodi, but still not 17. I know this is a different version as my addons are missing but are still there when I access kodi through media centre. Can anyone tell me where I might be going wrong here?

Many thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
First of all, the quality of movies is unlikely to be much different under 17. The same addons draw the same movies from the same sources.

Are you saying that when you go into android - apps (6 button icon) there is no version of kodi there?
What does it say on the opening window (krypton 17.3?)
If you go into kodi - system - system info what information does it give you at the bottom of the screen?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@theshoefairy
"access through Media Centre" is the key part there.
DroidBOX Media Centre does not give you access to Kodi. Clicking the DBMC/DroidBOX Media Centre will only ever open DBMC.

If you install Kodi, you need to click on the Kodi icon (in the app drawer (circle with six dots), or click the +/- sign on the homescreen to add it as a favourite shortcut).

As Nigelar mentioned, click on System Info under the System menu (for DBMC and Kodi 16.x) to double check which version you are using. If you are using a Krypton version of Kodi, click the Cog in the almost top left corner, then the System Information icon.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Am I missing something here? I didnt think there was an official OTA update to 17 yet? or am I reading this wrong.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You are probably reading wrong. The ota upgrade for some boxes brought Kodi 17. Dbmc remains on 16.6 (Jarvis, based on spmc)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for that. Im on T8 Mini and Im still looking at the not official upddate feeds - still waiting for it all to be official.
Im still on Jarvis 16.1 and LE7 - is this correct Nigelar?

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
OOps sorry Nigelar - seems Ive wasted your time. Ye your right - Im only on Leebrelec and its that update i'm waiting for. its still kodi 16 and lE7.
Dho