Shieldz

Sep 22, 2014
How do I upgrade Q7 Droidbox Android TV Box to the latest firmware ?

I don’t have an OTA Updates Icon

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Instructions for upgrading q7 firmware are in a sticky at the head of the q7 thread. I think these are old firmwares though and you may already have them. Afaik droidbox have not released newer firmwares but support can confirm.

Reactions: Shieldz

Jones

Jul 31, 2015
Hi, my mate has a Q7 android tv box. it was going hay wire so i reset it. It was still going haywire so i thought id try doing a firmware update. i googled it and it said i had to connect it to a pc, download and install a driver and then use rkbatch tool to flash and install firmware. It now doesnt work. ive tried 5 or 6 different firmwares but all they do is start up with a logo and then go black and then to the logo again and turn off. The button stays red all the time when it was blue before. Please can someone help? thanks.

Jones

Jul 31, 2015

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Process should the same for q7. If you have a droidbox (you dont say you have) you could try one of their firmwares (i think there is a link at the head of this thread). Otherwise ???. Maybe a paperweight.

Jones

Jul 31, 2015
Process should the same for q7. If you have a droidbox (you dont say you have) you could try one of their firmwares (i think there is a link at the head of this thread). Otherwise ???. Maybe a paperweight.
I dont know what it is. But ye i have tried loads of firmwares and none of them work.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Some X7 devices have Q7 printed on the bottom, I'd definitely check you're flashing the right firmware for his model. If it is has a webcam built in, it is a Q7. If it does not, it is probably what we call an X7. You could try the X7 firmwares (see the X7 area in this forum), but obviously we can't guarantee it will fix someone else's model.