1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to Latest Firmware

Discussion in 'Q7' started by Shieldz, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Shieldz

Shieldz New Member

How do I upgrade Q7 Droidbox Android TV Box to the latest firmware ?

I don’t have an OTA Updates Icon

2. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

Instructions for upgrading q7 firmware are in a sticky at the head of the q7 thread. I think these are old firmwares though and you may already have them. Afaik droidbox have not released newer firmwares but support can confirm.

Shieldz likes this.
  3. Shieldz

Shieldz New Member

Thanks Nigelar - Appreciate your advice :)

Nigelar likes this.
  4. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Confirmed, Q7 firmware not updated since the images linked to in the stickied thread here.

5. Jones

Jones New Member

Hi, my mate has a Q7 android tv box. it was going hay wire so i reset it. It was still going haywire so i thought id try doing a firmware update. i googled it and it said i had to connect it to a pc, download and install a driver and then use rkbatch tool to flash and install firmware. It now doesnt work. ive tried 5 or 6 different firmwares but all they do is start up with a logo and then go black and then to the logo again and turn off. The button stays red all the time when it was blue before. Please can someone help? thanks.

6. Nigelar

7. Jones

Jones New Member

Thanks for a quick reply. It doesn't affect it, it just shows android and then turns off. I held the reset as long as i could but it wouldnt do anything. It says Q7 on the back but on th link you gave me it has the reset button for an X7.
    Is there any other way to fix it?

8. Nigelar

Process should the same for q7. If you have a droidbox (you dont say you have) you could try one of their firmwares (i think there is a link at the head of this thread). Otherwise ???. Maybe a paperweight.

9. Jones

Jones New Member

I dont know what it is. But ye i have tried loads of firmwares and none of them work.

10. Nigelar

Then i think the technical term is you are buggered.

11. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Some X7 devices have Q7 printed on the bottom, I'd definitely check you're flashing the right firmware for his model. If it is has a webcam built in, it is a Q7. If it does not, it is probably what we call an X7. You could try the X7 firmwares (see the X7 area in this forum), but obviously we can't guarantee it will fix someone else's model.