mkdon

Nov 25, 2016
hi guys

please go easy on my I am a complete newbie and not sure if this is even the right place for this thread. I was given a mx pro android box from a friend who no longer needed it and its in more or less brand new condition, when I connect it to my tv ( samsung ue40f6400) it causes the picture to go fuzzy and also keeps making the tv switch off and on. for what its worth i have a sky box, ps4 and now this android box connect to tv via hdmi. it is only since getting the android box the problem started. it stops if i unplug the box. is the box not compatible with my tv or is it to do with my settings?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
See if it works with another tv. If it does then it maybe the display resolution on the box needs adjusting (or set it to auto). You could also try a different HDMI lead in case the original is faulty.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not sure this one was definitely a DroidBOX. Definitely worth trying with HDMI auto mode turned off and trying 720 and 1080 at 50/60Hz.
If that doesn't help, couple of quick thoughts @mkdon Can you try using it again (temporarily) WITHOUT the Sky box attached to your TV, or anything connected to your TV. If that helps, try and have the Sky box as a DIRECT connection to your TV (if you were using an HDMI switch), and other devices connected however you like.