JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
would anybody be able to give me the name and url of the custom source used on the openELEC dev update ( is in the setting ) as mine are missing!

Cheers

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
im going to try uninstalling the dev update addon then reinstall it, i will let you know if this works later

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
paul if you go
system
addons
and look for openelec dev update and click on it there should be an option for configure, we need the ulr under custom domain

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I tried uninstall and reinstall but no good, when i uninstalled and rebooted it just updated back again

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but it's been a very long day in work. I did check every setting I could think of before I asked where it was and couldn't find it. I've checked again and still cant find any update for OpenElec. Oddly enough when I booted OpenElec up it did show a message saying OpenElec Dev update failed. I've checked to see if it still in the available updates but the only ones there that wont update are CanTVLive, FIXanity, MP3 Streams and xbmcplus Add on Repository.
I'll keep looking but am at a bit of a loss at the moment.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Ok ignore the above as I've found it using the search option. Under Custom Source, Enable is on. Name is blank and URL is also blank. The URL setting wont even allow me to access it as it is greyed out.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
looks the same for all of us, im guessing droidbox are using a cusomized openelec to get it on there t8s and will have to update from them anyway, i emailed them yesterday and awaiting a reply

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh I think you're right. Unfortunately I haven't really been using openelec as it's been glitchy for me. When using the VIP air remote I lose volume completely. Using the stock remote and everything is fine but as you know, the original remotes although adequate are not ideal for these boxes. Have either of you or anybody else had any such problems?

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive had no sound problems, but some buttons on my air remote will not work in openelc ie return and menu buttons

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh funnily enough the return button works the odd time but I've tried everything with regards to the volume problem and just can't sort it. Also get problems with the remote pointer freezing the device when I try to make certain selections in the settings menu. Must be some sort of software glitch which hopefully an update may fix.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i have to keep the original remote close to hand just in case i have to use the menu button, i think its an openelec thing, the remote works fine in android

JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
Ok ignore the above as I've found it using the search option. Under Custom Source, Enable is on. Name is blank and URL is also blank. The URL setting wont even allow me to access it as it is greyed out.
The blank bits are what we need from other users , then it should stop saying openELEC dev failed

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
got a reply but not much help, i cant see how a reset will work but what do i know

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Please excuse the long delay with this response. I've had the same thing happen to me. Rather than a factory reset (of the whole device, including Android), if you follow the steps here:

You'll need to re-install the Wookie Wizard afterwards (Apple TV pack), but the Dev Update then worked for me again.