Messiah121

Mar 20, 2022
Hi.
Purchased a new droix x3 and I'm having difficulties playing media files from external HDD. I've tried 2 different ones and when plugged into either of the boxes USB ports the box and remote control become unresponsive and crash. Any help please or is it a common fault.
Cheers.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Now when you say that the box and remote become unresponsive, is the box literally crashing the moment you connect the external HDD? Or is it crashing while you're trying to use some specific media app?

Johnnie

Mar 21, 2022
Hi. When I plug in hdd the remote control becomes unresponsive and altho the cursor is on screen you cant do anything. Unplug the hdd and all is ok. Just tried another hdd with some movies on and the same happens.
Maybe interference from hdd?
Thank you.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
I would chalk it down to some kind of interference. Off the top of my head, I'd try the following:
A) Try connecting the HDD to different USB ports. It could be that the wiring inside is "too close" (without getting too technical about things) and thus the signals are overlapping or something.
B) Try using different remotes or keyboards if you have any. Preferably remotes that connect by USB dongle.
B.2) Connect a mouse and see if the device is still unresponsive.