Frank Wuebbeling

Aug 14, 2018
Hi, I would like to give the xd+ a try.

However, since on travel I love to have only one device with me, I would have to be able to connect it to an external monitor, show pdf and PowerPoint presentations using apps from the playstore, and use Microsoft's remote desktop (and leave my laptop home).

I know that this is theoretically possible. Can someone comment whether it makes sense? Particularly, can one control page forward/backward in presentations using the game controls, and move the mouse in RDP? What about connecting USB mice and keyboard?I

Thanks, Frank

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
This should be fine to do. I am not sure if the game controls would be able to do what you want as it would depend on the remote desktop software. But you can use the touchscreen on the XD+ as a mouse for example, so you could simply move the pointer using the touchscreen to where you need it to be. Using an OTG adaptor you can connect a mouse/keyboard to use on the device.

Frank Wuebbeling

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for your fast reply. Just ordered. It is going to take a week for shipping, I will post my thoughts afterwards.

Thanks, Frank