Banger

Dec 29, 2014
Hi,

Anybody having trouble playing Vevo music videos in the YouTube app? I've cleared the cache re-installed the app etc

But any music video will not Play if it's a Vevo music video, just says problem while playing. Tap to retry.

Anybody having the same issue. YouTube on my iPad is fine.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What video are you trying to play so someone here can try and replicate the problem?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi,

Anybody having trouble playing Vevo music videos in the YouTube app? I've cleared the cache re-installed the app etc

But any music video will not Play if it's a Vevo music video, just says problem while playing. Tap to retry.

Anybody having the same issue. YouTube on my iPad is fine.
Hi

Please take a note that VEVO can ban videos based on location,so that may be one of the problems if they are in the middle of updating location.

Also what you can do in order to test youtube playback:

You can use:

Youtube-inside web browser
Youtube-As an add on inside Kodi
Youtube-As a regular stand alone app

Compare the playback and message below if problem was solved.

Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
He says it is working on his ipad 8bitdev so it is unlikely to be geo-blocked. Sadly he has not told us the name of the video so we can replicate the problem so we cannot help him further.

Banger

Dec 29, 2014
Hi,

It is any music video with Vevo logo. Example Adele's Hello.
I like the app because you play playlists with continuos music, whereas if I go through chrome for YouTube only one track at a time plays (even though a playlist). I have to manually start each track.
My Panasonic TV with built in YouTube works fine, but my X7 droidbox on a non-smart tv will not play any Vevo music tracks. It use to work fine, you could pick an artist and it would play Vevo tracks and have continuous play without any manual track/video starting.
iPad still fine also. Not essential to fix, but would like to understand why it is suddenly not playing Vevo tracks. Google searches have presented potential fixes, but no joy for me.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So ive just played adele's hello vevo video using the android youtube app with no problem. When you searched for fixes, what sort of problem was indicated? Firmware on the x7?

Banger

Dec 29, 2014
The fixes weren't x7 specific, just general apps on various devices, so maybe a YouTube issue. Nonetheless still annoying. I'll keep researching until I find a solution. Seems like I'm not the only person with this issue. Unfortunately most music videos seem to be operated by Vevo on YouTube. If you google then you will find others with the same problem.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try something please. Can you see what results you get with the kodi youtube addon as opposed to the native android app.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Banger I wonder if Vevo are restricting playback based on the Android hardware being used?

If so, you could try setting new values in the build.prop file, and impersonate something like a Samsung Galaxy S4 . Altering this file incorrectly could leave you need to carry out a factory reset, and this isn't an official DroidBOX procedure, but if Vevo music non stop is important, have a read of http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/