jiggamantis66

Jun 18, 2015
My box was working fine until a few days ago and since then all the video addons have stopped working. They all give a script failed error.

I use Icefilms a lot and the error there is:

An error has occured communicating with Icefilms

Check your internet connection and the Icefilms site

However, the internet connection is working just fine (ethernet connection).

Any ideas in how to fix this/the best way to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you go to Videos on the normal Confluence skin or video portal on modded version and go to Icefilms and hover over and press the menu button (or letter C if you use a keyboard) now go to add-on setting and make sure the Icefilms site ULR is
http://ipv6.icefilms.info
Now click ok and exit Icefilms and then go in and try again.
Also try check the version of Icefilms you have by hovering over and this time press menu then Add-on information and see if its the latest build which is
1.15.0, if its not this then you need to update it.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Sal

jiggamantis66

Jun 18, 2015
Hi David,

Thanks for the help. That worked well. I got the box as a present for my folks some time ago and I've been doing tech support ever since. :p

I had one other question. Previously when opening tv shows in XBMC, the default page it opened on would be the Genesis TV shows homepage where you can view by highest rated, watching now, most popular, genre etc.

Instead that shows a screen with 3 options:

Files
Playl;ists
Video Add-Ons

I then need to manually go into add-ons, then into genesis and continue from there. Do you know how to restore the previous functionality?

THanks.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
UPDATE

In Programs - Miantenance Tool - System Tweaks, there is an option Auto Start Addon, so that is probably something you need to update or change the setting.

jiggamantis66

Jun 18, 2015
Hey Nigel,

Thanks for the input. That is slightly different to how it worked previously. Previously, the chain of clicks was:

XBMC -> TV Shows -> Category (eg, most popular) -> Show -> Stream

Now it's

XBMC -> Video Add-ons -> Genesis - TV Shows - Category (eg, most popular) -> Show -> Stream

The former configuration was the out of the box setup, as nothing was changed there.

Cheers.