PaulSV

Feb 8, 2017
Hi just bought a T8-s plus and a VIP plus mini keyboard however the keyboard on the remote qwerty keys are not mapped correctly. E.g. on enter your location panel if I try to use the keyboard it just enters garbage. Can anyone tell me how to configure the mappings of the keys?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi just bought a T8-s plus and a VIP plus mini keyboard however the keyboard on the remote qwerty keys are not mapped correctly. E.g. on enter your location panel if I try to use the keyboard it just enters garbage. Can anyone tell me how to configure the mappings of the keys?
Hi

You can use app below to map the custom keys

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/remapping-remote-control-buttons-in-android/

You can also change the keyboard language in settings(cog icons)>mre settings>language and input and cross compare the changes.

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There is an OTA update to prevent the hardware enter key from selecting the current key shown on the on screen keyboard.
Pop into the apps list (circle with six dots on the homescreen), scroll down to the OTA Updates app and open it up.
You could also disable the on screen keyboard, if you prefer not to update the firmware. Let us know if you need a hand.