EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Today I received the Droidbox VIP Remote. Much instructions are not included, only 1 small page (english/chinese). I read from other posts that other and more ample instructions are available in PDF. Can someone send me these please.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015

Attachments

• VIP_Remote_4p.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 562
Reactions: David Savage

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
You can see more on our blog here
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/vip-remote-control-basics/
Also,if you want PDF file with details instructions,here it is!!!

Tnx for the info. I'm having trouble in pairing the VIP remote. I followed the instructions (pressing TV button, blue button, and so on), but when I want to turn on my T8 by pressing the red standby button, it does not work. I repeated this several times, without success. Then I switched on my T8 manually and repeated the procedure while T8 was switched on and the cursor appeared on screen and everything, such as mouse, keyboard ..., worked fine. Except one thing : the standby button. I cannot switch on or off my T8 with this button, which is pretty annoying . Have I done something wrong ? Please help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I posted this solution here a few months ago as i had this problem. See if it works for you.

Place original supplied remote and air mouse end to end beam side facing.
Press the tv button on the air mouse until the rapidly flashing red light slows down - it is now entering learning mode.
Press the on/off button on the original remote once. This sends the code to the air mouse.
Press the on/off button on the air mouse once to read the code.
Worked first time for me. Suspect it may need some faffing about if it doenst work first time for you.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I followed the instructions of Nigelar. And it worked : the on/off button on the VIP remote worked. But the problem has become bigger : the on/off button is now the only button which is working, all other buttons are down (OK, arrows, mouse ...) and makes it completely useless. How can I restore this ? Can someone help me please, before I'm going completely mad. :(

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I followed the instructions of Nigelar. And it worked : the on/off button on the VIP remote worked. But the problem has become bigger : the on/off button is now the only button which is working, all other buttons are down (OK, arrows, mouse ...) and makes it completely useless. How can I restore this ? Can someone help me please, before I'm going completely mad. :(
Calibration also worked for me too.
My VIPremote was just turning monitor to sleep state with no return method.
When you hold TV button and your original remote is facing VIPremote(front side/ front side),you release TV button when blinking becomes slower ,press OFF on your original remote once,then wait a little until blinking on VIP remote appears again,then you press OFF on your VIPremote,wait a little for blinking to turn off,and thats it.
IF something like this,loosing your whole remote controls in your case,try again this method,because it would be waste of a really nice day to recalibrate whole remote again!!!!

Reactions: EricB

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I followed exactly and repeated many times your instructions, but whole remote controls stayed down and only the on/off button worked. But suddenly I had the luminous idea (after the learning function was done) to do the pairing procedure again (pressing the OK button and TV button at the same time and inserting the dongle into the port). And the miracle occured : the on/off button worked and the whole remote controls were back again. I don't know, but perhaps this is the right procedure : if you finished a learning function, then do the pairing procedure again. Anyway, tnx for your help, I'm happy, I owe you one. ;)