paolo

Nov 24, 2014
I installed vpn manager on libreelec side of new T8 -S V2 BOX and set up my Private internet access vpn account no problem.
Although I get "connected to vpn" message on boot up my local ip address is showing on system info.
I cannot ice films site so I don't think I am being connected to vpn, anyone able to help?
By the way, I have PIA also installed on Kodi Krypton 17.1 on laptop running windows 10 and am able to see vpn address that I am connected to with icefilms working fine.

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Nigelar Zamoided version is the one I have installed.
I have same problem on android side of box, I have PIA app installed on Kodi Krypton and again local address is showing.
I have checked with" whats my ip address" on google app and it is showing vpn address location so am a bit miffed why its not working on android/libreelec side.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Try doing a speed test in Android/LibreELEC that will show you what ip address and server you using, also from the browser or goggle app on your box do a DNS leak test that will show you your ip address your using and if you are leaking.

For Icefilms update Eldorado's repo then update Icefilms to version 1.99.71

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Angela, done all above as advised but still no luck. Vpn address is showing when testing on browser both for speed and leak test. I have a samsung tablet running android 4.4.4 .PIA vpn and ice film is running fine on tablet with Krypton Jarvis 16.1
Anyone else having vpn issues on marshmallow 6?

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Can someone please confirm if they have PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS vpn account and if it running ok on their droidbox ?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes I have pia running on my db T8s plus on the LibreElec side. Watching man u v swansea now with it:)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Zomboided repo enabled and opened/ services/ install VPN Manager for OpenVPN/ pess c on your remote and go into its settings/ VPN Configuration/ set pia as vpn provider entering your user and pass below then press ok/ VPN Connections/ First VPN connection(optionally used to auto connect during boot) needs to be pressed and choose a server. Am in nw england and use UK London (UDP) you do not have to be using another countries server as all you need to do is mask your own ip addy. Press ok/ ok and it connects on libreelec boot every time giving you a visual connection status in the process.

Last edited:

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi sean99, many thanks for answering.
I have set up exactly as you have posted above and all working as should be, but how come I see see my local ip address when I check -system- info.
Which ip address do you see on your kodi settings?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes my vm ip addy is there in system info but am still connected to a london server. Install the 1 channel tk norris repo from fusion and try a movie, if it plays that means your vpn is working as the 1 channel is blocked in the uk.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
@paolo go into open vpn settings/ monitor/ scroll down to/ display ip, location and service provider in vpn cycle notification/ enable/ press ok. Reboot your box and it will show you what your ip address is when your vpn connects and it will be a different 1 to your isp addy in system- info:)

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi mate, yes 1 channel is working so vpn is connected.
What an idiot I am, I wrongly presumed there was an error as my local ip address was still showing on kodi settings.
Thanks everyone for your patience!

Reactions: ChrisM