stanster

Nov 23, 2015
Notice digibit vpn offer support to install on a router.

How easy is this do as I have no idea what this involves.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Most VPN Providers offer there own custom Routers Pre-configured.

However if you do a search on the VPN website, there usually is a section on how to set up your own router (if supported).

They generally come in tree types. 'DD-WRT' , 'Tomato' and 'OpenVPN'.

All of these types most likely will have setup instructions on the relevant VPN Supplier website.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I am with Digibit VPN. I have all the latest OpenVPN files installed on my T8Mini. Im looking into installing on Router but at the moment everything id fine and fast.
I think all the files are now RD compatible - whitelisted which is a bonus.
Regards
Dave

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I am with Digibit VPN.
Hi Dave,
Would you be so kind enough to have a look in the servers section to see if there is one in Hungary please? I did submit a ticket with them but no answer so far.
Kind regards,

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi mate,
Just taken a look at them all. No Hungary - sorry. 1 canada, 2 france, 10 Germany, 1 India, 1 Japan, 1 Miami, 16 Netherlands. 1 San Francisco, 1 Sydney and 8 UK.
All I think now whitelisted for RD.
Dave

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Many thanks for the reply. The reason is that I was born there and still have relatives there. I could use an app similar to our sky go to watch all premier matches, but would need a server there. Looks like it will have to be another VPN like Nord for me. I appreciate your time for looking.
Best regards,

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Im still looking into installing on Virmin router but at moment Digibit have not got back to me with install advice.
Thats if it can be done as Super Hub 3 isn't the best firmware for allowing this.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Dont wait for email confirming ticket has been answered - just log on and check. I have never had email confirmation.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again robit,
Just as I said - I checked my ticket and it has been answered with no email confirmation. It was very quick. Customer support is excellent.
Basically they told me what I already knew - Virmin dont support VPN on the router.
So basically if I want to do this Ill have to put router in MODEM mode and attach a VPN enabled router with OpenVPN installed.
Its easy and theres loads out there.
Dave