lightbodyae55

Jan 3, 2017
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

We are looking at Airvpn, as a vpn to be installed on my Asus DSL-AC68U router so that all my devices would be covered by them rather than just one through the new Droidbox if I purchase one. Is this a better way to go or should we use the one recommended by Droidbox. IPVanish?

Lightbodyae55

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

We are looking at Airvpn, as a vpn to be installed on my Asus DSL-AC68U router so that all my devices would be covered by them rather than just one through the new Droidbox if I purchase one. Is this a better way to go or should we use the one recommended by Droidbox. IPVanish?

Lightbodyae55
Hi

It all depends from your use case and its pricing.For example you can use both and use multiple locations instead of having one the same running on all devices.

Regards

lightbodyae55

Jan 3, 2017
Hi 8bitDev

At Present I have a Samsung 43inch smart TV connected to my Asus DSL- AC68U router via 10 meter Ethernet cable, an Amazon Firestick in HDMI 1 of the TV, a Now TV box connected to HDMI 2 of the TV and connected to the router via TP-Link powerlink adaptor, I use a laptop loaded with Linux and my wife has a 10inch tablet. We also have a desktop using windows 7.
This is why I thought a VPN through the router was a better bet than having a VPN on each separate device.

Lightbodyae55

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi 8bitDev

At Present I have a Samsung 43inch smart TV connected to my Asus DSL- AC68U router via 10 meter Ethernet cable, an Amazon Firestick in HDMI 1 of the TV, a Now TV box connected to HDMI 2 of the TV and connected to the router via TP-Link powerlink adaptor, I use a laptop loaded with Linux and my wife has a 10inch tablet. We also have a desktop using windows 7.
This is why I thought a VPN through the router was a better bet than having a VPN on each separate device.

Lightbodyae55
Hi

There is no better or worse,it simply does depends on your use case.For example if you would have need for specific location,it would be much more better to use another VPN on the device itself,so you would not have to change router/modem settings that would change IP addresses for all devices.

Regards

lightbodyae55

Jan 3, 2017
Hi 8bitDev

My new DroidBOX iMXQpro V2 is due to be delivered tomorrow, and once I get it set up, I will try the recommended VPN for a month to see if it works for me and then I will see if i need to have it on separate devices or to put it on the router.

lightbodyae55

Reactions: 8bitDev

lightbodyae55

Jan 3, 2017
Hi
I will be changing ISP from Sky to John Lewis Fibre Broadband within the next 2 weeks or so, depending on how long the transfer takes place.
Once this has been done I will be using my Asus DSL-AC68U router on the new service along with Airvpn using openvpn installed on the router as I feel this is the easiest way for me to go with the devices we have in the household.

I tried IPVanish but was not impressed with them, however Airvpn have been excellent.

lightbodyae55