1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good "FREE" VPN service please?

Appreciated

2. sblabs

sblabs Active Member

all the free ones are crap slow speed, if you want a good VPN you have to pay for it.

3. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

Shwmae @sblabs diolch.
    Which VPN are you using?

4. sblabs

sblabs Active Member

i dont use one, i use a paid IPTV service, my friend recommends PIA for 15 bucks per quarter not sure what that is in ££

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. StringyMCFC

StringyMCFC Member

I use PIA and it's £30 for the year or £5 per month. Worth every penny for me and works like a dream.

sblabs likes this.
  6. sblabs

sblabs Active Member

£30 for a year damn that's not bad, i might look into it my self, i do not recommend ipvanish as if they get a take down notice they log your ip and pass your ip on.

7. StringyMCFC

StringyMCFC Member

Not heard that about IPVanish but I checked the privacy statement for PIA and it seems watertight. I genuinely can't fault them in terms of service though. Others seem to have had a few problems at times but has always worked perfectly for me for the past 12 months or so.

8. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

9. StringyMCFC

StringyMCFC Member

Yeah, very. Once you have login details you just download the app from playstore/google play store, put your details in and you're set. There are also options in the app to load it/connect as soon as you start the box or as soon as you open the app. Changing countries or connections is easy too.

If using OpenElec or LibreElec you can use VPN Manager from Zomboided repo so that as soon as you boot up it connects automatically.

I have my account linked to apps on iPhone, Android Box, Hudl tablet, iPad and LibreElec (you get to use it on 5 devices with one subscription) and it works flawlessly on all 5. Never had any problems.

10. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

From the IPVanish website:
    Personal experience, or a trusted source, in terms of the IP being passed on by the company?
    (Or I've misunderstood, the quote from their site doesn't apply to the scenario you're describing?)

11. sblabs

sblabs Active Member

Hi Chris, it was my cousin who got the take down notice and he assured me he had ipvanish running and his isp was BT