sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
all the free ones are crap slow speed, if you want a good VPN you have to pay for it.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
i dont use one, i use a paid IPTV service, my friend recommends PIA for 15 bucks per quarter not sure what that is in ££

Last edited:

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
£30 for a year damn that's not bad, i might look into it my self, i do not recommend ipvanish as if they get a take down notice they log your ip and pass your ip on.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
Not heard that about IPVanish but I checked the privacy statement for PIA and it seems watertight. I genuinely can't fault them in terms of service though. Others seem to have had a few problems at times but has always worked perfectly for me for the past 12 months or so.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
Yeah, very. Once you have login details you just download the app from playstore/google play store, put your details in and you're set. There are also options in the app to load it/connect as soon as you start the box or as soon as you open the app. Changing countries or connections is easy too.

If using OpenElec or LibreElec you can use VPN Manager from Zomboided repo so that as soon as you boot up it connects automatically.

I have my account linked to apps on iPhone, Android Box, Hudl tablet, iPad and LibreElec (you get to use it on 5 devices with one subscription) and it works flawlessly on all 5. Never had any problems.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
£30 for a year damn that's not bad, i might look into it my self, i do not recommend ipvanish as if they get a take down notice they log your ip and pass your ip on.

From the IPVanish website:
We have a strict policy against the collection of both connection and activity logs. We will never store the metadata about your VPN session or information about how you used the service.

Personal experience, or a trusted source, in terms of the IP being passed on by the company?
(Or I've misunderstood, the quote from their site doesn't apply to the scenario you're describing?)

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi Chris, it was my cousin who got the take down notice and he assured me he had ipvanish running and his isp was BT