droidks

Dec 30, 2016
I am having issues getting VUDU to login on the Droidbox. Is anyone out there running this on their unit?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It was marked as incompatible in the Play Store, so I manually installed 5.1.156.43804 from an APK (around May 9th it was uploaded).

Went through:
Open, Next, "No, thanks" to location based adverts, Sign Up, Vudu logo at bottom, entered details, clicked Sign Up button, noticed just above it "This service is for the US only",
"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again", connected to a USA VPN server, tried again, "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again"
Rebooted
Connected to different VPN company in USA, used different name and a GMail account this time, still the same error.

I also checked the Play Store listing from a non-work device, it claims none of my phones, tablets or set top boxes are compatible with the application.

I tried signing up on their website, instead of in the app. I was told my account already existed. Tried to log in on the web site with the details I had entered originally, "Login Failed".

It might be worth contacting Vudu directly,
Support: [email protected] Phone: (888) 554-VUDU (8838)
from http://www.vudu.com/aboutus_contactus.html