Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Just a couple of things. My hard drive is full and theres nothing on it except windows 10 and kodi. I don't even have duel boot to android. Looking back this w10 had nothing but windows 10 on it, no droidbox anything on it. is this normal?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Things to try:

• Right click the C drive in Windows Explorer/This PC, select Properties. Now Disk Clean-up. Tick anything large you don't need to keep, click OK. Now repeat, but this time click the Clean up system files button (you'll be asked to confirm as require Admin permissions) and again tick any you don't need and click OK.
  • Still not enough room? Download CCleaner and use it to clear away any other files/temp files/caches.
  • Open Kodi, check Program Add-ons for any tools/wizards with a tools section that can help with clearing thumbnail caches and old packages. If you prefer, delete Kodi's data directory or uninstall Kodi entirely, then reinstall and re-setup.
Using the methods above, you should be able to get back to around 7 or 8Gb of free space.

Regarding Android, you need to press a button ( @Dave C is it F10?) before the Windows logo appears when booting up. I found some USB keyboards seemed to start working earlier than others during a boot up, might also be worth experimenting with doing it from a cold boot/rebooting from Windows.

No DroidBOX software on the Windows side is correct, AFAIK.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, see if this video helps you get to android on your box.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The W10 Pro does not have Android on it, maybe you have this model instead? If you had a W10, it would have a boot menu when switched on where you can change between Android and Win10.

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Chris, had already done all the things you sugested, got 8.something gig free, latest windows updates at 50% installed needed 10.something gig free. added a usb SSD, to make up the diffrence, but I should never have to do that, is this brand new box already obsolete? ie there is not a big enough hard drive to futerproof its self for even 2 months? Thanks Matthew

Hi Dave, you are right it does not state in w10pro web site about android, but some of the reviews do state the love of the duel boot function, so you can see my confusion. thanks Matthew.

p.s. just to ask another confusing question, you sell w10 pro boxes but not w10 boxes? you have a section for w10 boxes but not for w10 pros?

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
DroidBOX used to sell W10 boxes, then the W10 Pro came later. Not sure they still sell either though.

Regarding Windows 10 updates, can you download the updates manually maybe, installing a few at a time? I'd not say the box is obsolete, might be worth seeing if the latest large update (Fall? Creator?) can (again) be downloaded (to a thumb drive/your SSD) and run from there.

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Chris, as I stated in my last reply. I added a usb SSD to the w10 and that allowed the download and install to complete. I am very disapointed in the fact that a brand new droidbox needs an adition of an external device, just to make it run as it should. Obsolete, meaning "a piece of equipment no longer able to run as designed with out a hardwear upgrade. an apt discription for this piece of equipment.

p.s yes you still can find the w10 pro on sale at droidbox, with the 32 gig hard drive(of wich you can only use 28gig). Not enough for future updates, of which I'm sure there's many.
Pro? what does the Pro stand for? it's a basic windows 10 box with nothing else on it. all the adons from the w10 have been left out. Thanks Matthew

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You might want to address your concerns to DroidBOX themselves, I don't work for them.

The W10 Pro page I found at DroidBOX's site (via Google, as it isn't listed on their Choose Your DroidBOX or Compare Models pages) doesn't show it as in stock (nor can back orders be placed), though it may be listed at Amazon or eBay?

28Gb out of 32Gb, fairly standard drop, a 500Gb hard drive might only have ~480-490Gb usable space, whether it be down to manufacturers using 1,000 instead of 2^10 or the overhead of the partition system used.

As for the Pro part of W10 Pro, not sure, perhaps it had an upgraded processor compared to the original W10?

Mat

Jul 15, 2014
Hi Chris, sorry mate I did not Know you didn't work for Droidbox.
I would of never winged on about how bad a design the W10 was.
I should of guessed the powers that be would put up a buffer (working for free) between them selfs and a disgruntled old fart like me.
Once again mate sorry.
thanks for all you help, Matthew

Mike Perkins

Feb 14, 2016
Can any of you gents assist me? I have the dual boot mini computer from Droidbox, I decided to remove Android as it was not used, formatted and re-installed Windows 10. I have everything working bar the Multimedia Controller (no sound devices installed) and PCI Encryption / Decryption Controller, both have the dreaded yellow exclamation mark alongside in Device Manager :( Is there anywhere I can acquire the drivers for these?
I've downloaded drivers from Intel /Atom site and Realtek sound drivers, nothing seems to work.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Mike Perkins it might be worth contacting @Fritz-69 as the drivers may be the same as for the T11 , or if you'd prefer to dive right in, check the thread we had on this topic at https://droidboxforums.com/threads/factory-reset-if-possible.12327/ - short version is grab the VID/PID for the hardware with missing drivers, google them and update the drivers.

Failing that, contact DroidBOX via email with your order ID and they may be able to assist. If they can't, let us know here and we'll try another approach.

Mike Perkins

Feb 14, 2016
@Mike Perkins it might be worth contacting @Fritz-69 as the drivers may be the same as for the T11 , or if you'd prefer to dive right in, check the thread we had on this topic at https://droidboxforums.com/threads/factory-reset-if-possible.12327/ - short version is grab the VID/PID for the hardware with missing drivers, google them and update the drivers.

Failing that, contact DroidBOX via email with your order ID and they may be able to assist. If they can't, let us know here and we'll try another approach.
Thanks Chris, much appreciate the help.

jason_f1

Apr 20, 2018

Can any of you gents assist me? I have the dual boot mini computer from Droidbox, I decided to remove Android as it was not used, formatted and re-installed Windows 10. I have everything working bar the Multimedia Controller (no sound devices installed) and PCI Encryption / Decryption Controller, both have the dreaded yellow exclamation mark alongside in Device Manager :( Is there anywhere I can acquire the drivers for these?
I've downloaded drivers from Intel /Atom site and Realtek sound drivers, nothing seems to work.

Hi there.

I had the same issue when I wiped one of these devices. Contacted DroidBox and they sent me drivers, however they didn't work.

Luckily, I had access to another W10, so I took the drivers from there to replenish mine. I still have a copy of the drivers, so let me know if you're stuck.

I also had issues with updating to the latest version of Windows 10 due to the lack of space. Eventually, I managed to do the update using a USB stick.

Cheers

Mike Perkins

Feb 14, 2016
Hi there.

I had the same issue when I wiped one of these devices. Contacted DroidBox and they sent me drivers, however they didn't work.

Luckily, I had access to another W10, so I took the drivers from there to replenish mine. I still have a copy of the drivers, so let me know if you're stuck.

I also had issues with updating to the latest version of Windows 10 due to the lack of space. Eventually, I managed to do the update using a USB stick.

Cheers
Thanks for the advice and help Jason, after much web-trawling, hair tearing and teeth gnashing I was able to get all drivers needed installed and functioning... Phew what a marathon 8( I now have 5 backups in various locations 8)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk