Richiem

Aug 28, 2021
Hi all
I've noticed that when I try to watch a 4k stream via my T85 box, most of them play back in a very dark picture that's mostly blue and red in colour and unwatchable. Just wondered why this happens? Is it a file type issue with the player installed? The odd one plays perfect and I'm not sure what the difference is on the ones that work and ones that don't.
Cheers

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
It could be related to the provider, perhaps. "Grey" area IPTV apps are fraught with random technical issues on the provider's end. Perhaps a bit is flipped wrong, perhaps the connection quality isn't good, etc.

Are you using big-name services like Youtube, Netflix, etc and still getting these problems?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, then it's almost certainly something wrong with the streaming provider. Assuming you're not changing anything on your side between streams.
Because of the nature of these streams (and the fact that a lot of them could just be shut down overnight at the snap of a finger) they're not beholden to any kind of real standards like the big names are.
They might be experiencing bandwidth issues, or they might just have things set up in a way that doesn't play nice with your configuration. The list goes on really.

Reactions: Richiem

Francette Colbert

Dec 9, 2022
Maybe there's bandwidth issues with the streaming provider. Try playing content on Netflix, Prime etc. and ig you maynot have this issue.