gordon

Aug 12, 2014
Hi looking to buy new android box already have the x7 will put in another room.
Just looking for advice on which one to get as her in doors is going back to UK next week so will order it
Many thanks
Gordon

gordon

Aug 12, 2014
Many thanks
Will order one next week when she goes back to the UK. Thanks for taking time out for the recommendation box has been a life saver here in north Cyprus you can buy them here but they are all Chinese rubbish set a few up for neighbours and friends but usually with problems seen 5 boxes just melt here your guarantee is once you leave the shop that's it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The guarantee is important so good call, Gordon. You will also get plenty of help and support from droidbox users on this forum so just ask if you have any more questions.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I've had a T8-S since May, and really like the duel boot system it has plus you can put a Sata Hard Drive in it for backing up / Downloads/Apps etc.
No problem with storage then.

The best buy in years for me, well worth it.

I bought a refurbished one with no problems. As new.

redg14

Jul 8, 2016
Hi, I've decided to upgrade to a droidbox from my current low level box (sumvision x4), mainly because my box can't handle the more graphic intensive kodi setups like kunique (one of the kodimaster wizards).

I can't decide between the t8-s, mini, or plus boxes. I understand the mini has less storage but from what I can tell doesn't it have better 4k support? What's really the deciding factor between these boxes (not counting the price)?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, the T8 mini is a good box with due boot with Openelec. It also has HDMI 2.0 (min need for pure 4k) which you need for 4k viewing. Only thing you need a very fast broadband speed and then the content, there's not much. Yes the T8-S plus can do the same not sure if it's going to be up scaled 4k but still looks good.
Plus the T8-S plus has the sata connection for a HDD which is handy. Both are also ready for kodi 17.0 krypton because they are on lollipop, so another box ticked.

Both are very good....

Reactions: Nigelar

redg14

Jul 8, 2016
Thanks for the reply, I guess it's just a coin toss then.
On another note, in regards to the airmouse style controllers, b52, vip/plus, any recommendation?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'd go for storage myself (T8-S plus)...again both are good. I like the feel of the droidbox b52..only thing not sure if it's programmable. Where my old VIP can, both have good Qwerty key boards on the reverse.
Oh VIP needs batteries and the other is USB charged.
Another coin toss here I feel.