james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
I have had this issue with multiple versions of the pulse build that i use, many different versions of it etc.. but it keeps happening.

a lot of the time i have to open kodi multiple times before it will stay open for me, a lot of the time i open it and i get the kodi splash screen then the pulse one, then pulse starts breify then it automatically jumps back to the android home screen.

I have tried many versions of pulse, different version of kodi & dbmc, a while back pulse posted an issue with the urlresolver where this issue would happen and said to change it, but that was a good few versions ago and has since been fixed, but mine keeps doing it.

I have a decent box compared to a lot of people i know who have just bought £40 ones from amazon and i ask them about this issue and none of them get this problem and they also use pulse build, so it doesnt seem to be an issue with the build as such, i have also asked on their support groups and hardly anyone else also suffers with this issue.

any ideas? have i got a dud box?

James

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like you have memory issues. Do a clean up. If you have multiple versions of kodi, spmc etc delete the unused ones. Delete temp files. Delete kodi cache.
Instead of using a build, why not load the small numberof addons you use frequently, manually? At least as an experiment.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
what version of Kodi are you running on android?
I assume this problem is occuring on android not openelec?
I know that some versions of pulse e.g. Ccm need Kodi 16 (Jarvis).

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
I have recently updated to the latest software on my box which comes with DBMC 16.1 as far as i know, i was using kodi 16 from the play store prior to the lastest box update but would do the same on that too.

It sometimes will do it for about 4 or 5 tried before it stays on, its really bugging me, i dunno how many clean installs i have done, yet everyone at work who also uses pulse but on cheap boxes tey have bought on amazon for about £30-£40 all say it doesnt happen to them lol

thats pretty annoying in itsself.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
If upon clicking on Kodi or DBMC or other apps they give a splash screen and then close back then i would highly recommend to check the memory capacity on the box.
Clear Data on Kodi and reload the wizard.
Below is an instructional video to resolve your issue: