abrogard

Dec 20, 2021
Hi... I'm running netflix on one of thse x96 boxes into our old tv and I want to keep the downloads. But I can't find where it is putting them. If I pull the sub sticks out it still says it is downloading and still finds my downloads so they must be on the x96. but where and how do I get at them?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
I would imagine that Netflix encrypts all of its downloads so that the files cannot be accessed outside of the app. So even if you knew where they were downloaded, you wouldn't be able to do anything with them (outside of moving them around).
If it downloaded plain .mp4 files, it would be far too easy to share them (streaming companies invest millions into anti-piracy technology).

They'll be buried somewhere on the internal storage. I'd suggest grabbing a file management app from the play store and having a poke around.

abrogard

Dec 20, 2021
I suppose you're right. Doesn't much matter. I'd just like to know. Curiosity. But they (netflix) tell me I can get the app on my pc and that way they'll be downloaded to my pc.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
They're downloaded to a folder on your PC, but they're encrypted files with nonsensical filenames.
The only practical thing you'd realistically do is delete them.