peter hepburn

Aug 6, 2016
hi - I have a T8 from and when I tried to upgrade from 15.2 to 16.1 it said that my device was " not comparable ". It also said that my file manager had was not working . I downloaded one from google play but it appears not to be the correct one.
I then decided to go back to factory settings but this didn't work

Can anybody help ?

Basically I want to get the latest stable kodi and then put on wooki.

THanks in advance

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Strange error messages but this is how i would go about solving the problem

1. Delete current versions of kodi and if you have a droidbox, dbmc. Go into settings - apps to do this and "force stop" then uninstall.

2. Go either to google play and download vanilla kodi or the droidbox how to page and download either kodi or dbmc or both) from there.

3. Install wookie and the build of your choice

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

4. Regarding a file manager, droidboxes normally come preconfigured with 2, the stock android one and es file explorer. They should still be present in apps (the 6 button icon on most home screens or the apps panel on the launcher). If you cant find them, download es file explorer from google play.

peter hepburn

Aug 6, 2016
Hi - have successfully gone back to factory settings and rebooted.
When I click into kodi - it's says " media launcher not working ".

What do I do now ?

Thanks if you can help

Peter

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you have carried out a factory reset, you'll have 15.2 back in place again.

Uninstall Kodi again (Settings>"Other" tab>More Settings>Apps>Kodi>Force Stop>Confirm>Uninstall>Confirm

Try Kodi from Google's Play Store for now, if it installs OK, then we're ready to rock. If problems remain, can you be with the DroidBOX during office hours at all? If so, come and grab one of us for a live text chat, and we can go through this step at a time and get to the bottom of it. If you do come for a chat, please have your Order ID to hand (or the postcode the device was delivered to if the order ID isn't to hand).

peter hepburn

Aug 6, 2016
If you have carried out a factory reset, you'll have 15.2 back in place again.

Uninstall Kodi again (Settings>"Other" tab>More Settings>Apps>Kodi>Force Stop>Confirm>Uninstall>Confirm

Try Kodi from Google's Play Store for now, if it installs OK, then we're ready to rock. If problems remain, can you be with the DroidBOX during office hours at all? If so, come and grab one of us for a live text chat, and we can go through this step at a time and get to the bottom of it. If you do come for a chat, please have your Order ID to hand (or the postcode the device was delivered to if the order ID isn't to hand).

All sorted .... Thanks to all your replies

Reactions: ChrisM