Leggsy

Sep 16, 2014
So Guys,

I've had an X7 Ultimate for about a year or so. Mixed results, with the first being returned for repair, but on the whole a pretty good experience.

I use LAN rather than wifi and my LAN port is now broken (Cable wont clip in). I have tried other cables, so I am sure it is the port that is at fault. This leads me to consider upgrading or replacing my droidbox and this is where you come in...

I would like to know what's the best droidbox for me? - I am an occasional user - 2 or 3 times a week and I use mostly use GENESIS and SHOWBOX... I would prefer a 'stable' solution that I am not continually updating or have it freezing etc...

Cheers.

Leggsy.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
So Guys,

I've had an X7 Ultimate for about a year or so. Mixed results, with the first being returned for repair, but on the whole a pretty good experience.

I use LAN rather than wifi and my LAN port is now broken (Cable wont clip in). I have tried other cables, so I am sure it is the port that is at fault. This leads me to consider upgrading or replacing my droidbox and this is where you come in...

I would like to know what's the best droidbox for me? - I am an occasional user - 2 or 3 times a week and I use mostly use GENESIS and SHOWBOX... I would prefer a 'stable' solution that I am not continually updating or have it freezing etc...

Cheers.

Leggsy.
Hi

All our box models are capable of running Kodi and streaming .

Weather updates will be frequent or not,or will box freeze or not,all that depends on add on wizard that you select to chose as they are not installed by default,its on user to set them up.

Please take a look at our box models here,if you have more questions,feel free to write below!

https://droidbox.co.uk/compare-models/

Regards

Leggsy

Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for your response,

I am hoping for some independent views rather than someone who works for Droidbox, as you must always be positive. That said, if it was your money which box would you buy and why?

Secondly, the boxes used to come pre-installed with Apps and a wizard to initialise XMBC etc - Do they now come empty?

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello leggsy.

In my view the best box to buy and the most trouble free is the t8. This is android only. It performs like a dream.

The boxes do come with some apps preinstalled (inc showbox) but no addons. You'll have to run a wizard to get those or install yourself. The variant of kodi installed on droidboxes usually has the wookie wizard link, if not you can easily get it from their website.

The word "stable" does not apply to the kodi world! Addons are constantly updating (rightly as they chase new sources) or become defunct. A case in point is everyones favourite addon, Genesis which is no longer being maintained.

In terms of freezing, it happens on nearly every android box, even on the t8 from time to time. It can be reduced by proper file maintenance, clearing cache, removing unwanted apps and media files etc and most importantly, exiting kodi properly ensuring temp files get cleared down.

So to summarise, get a t8. I've got 2. If you really need a second os (openelec) and hdd capability consider a t8s.

Leggsy

Sep 16, 2014
Thanks Nigelar,

I get your point on stability... more the add ons rather than the hardware. So regarding GENESIS, as that's where I go 90% on the time - Is it still usable? Is new content still available?

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try SALTS. Also there is a genesis clone out there - specto - check the seo-michael web site for installation instructions plus many other good addons. Genesis may continue to have some working lists but they will die over time.

Reactions: ChrisM